Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Organisation for Medusa V
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 02:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau Organisation for Medusa V

I notived in the IG board and on most other sites they're starting to organise for the Medusa V campaign. Are the Tau here planning to get something going or is everyone just joining in on other forums?
Old 17 May 2006, 02:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: Tau Organisation for Medusa V

In the announcements board, http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=22279.0 :

Quote:
Hello all,
As many of you are aware, Games Workshop are starting their Fall of Medusa campaign soon. This announcement has led many members here to start organising ways that Tau Online can be involved in this. We, as staff, are currently getting quite a few PMs from members who are trying to organise such things; it's great we have such eager members, however we advise you to wait a while before making message boards for this purpose and asking us if you can advertise such sites via PM.

Currently we're discussing whether Tau Online will officially do something for this campaign, and the technicalities of such things. As such we're recommending that you don't go into too much depth planning such things because we may come up with other plans. Anything discussed so far is unofficial.

Also, as mentioned earlier, we're getting lots of requests from members who wish to advertise this campaign via PM - the advertising rules do still apply; please feel free to advertise in your signature, however staff permission is needed if you wish to advertise via PM.
Thanks and regards,
Tau Online
A few other sites have begun trivial organizing and alliance-crafting, but it's difficult to really accomplish anything without the campaign rules.
Old 17 May 2006, 02:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for that. I tried searching but I was looking for Tau "Medusa V" so didn't get that one.

So all the other sites are jumping the gun basically? Organising and not really knowing what they're organising for?
Old 17 May 2006, 04:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Well, a bit. Some of it is useful, and ideas/discussion being put forth is also good. Right now someone needs to organize a way to get the different sites to work together, contact other Tau players, and perhaps do a little espionage. There are things to be done, though they're largely not being done yet.

As far as I can see, anyway, not being a member of any of these organizing bodies.
Old 17 May 2006, 06:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

The Tay community actually got the jump on everyone organizing.

However... preliminary espionage shows that it might be unneccessary. So, we maintain these channels of communication just in case.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 17 May 2006, 08:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to ShasoNaram

people are being rallyed on the GW forums, i did lol i got 750points ready and willing to kick some but, mainly chaos but lol. it will bigger once i get the new commander suit and a new broadside ^_^

FOR THE GREATER GOOD WE SERVE
Old 17 May 2006, 12:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

As is evident from the post that DireStrike quoted (an announcement that everyone should've read, like all other announcements and stickies..), we're working on something. It shouldn't be long actually..