Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Need for a Tau Titan
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 02:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default The Need for a Tau Titan

Am I the only one who feels that the Tau definitely need a Titan? I mean, if the Eldar, Tyranids Chaos and Space Marines all get one, why not us?
Old 17 May 2006, 02:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666
Default Re: The Need for a Tau Titan

I dont know about anyone else, but to me the question is no do we want a titan but do we need one, and the answer to that is no, not really. If we want to tackle titans all we need is railgun and they will take down most titan with relative ease provided they dont get kill in the process (there's always a catch ;D)

Anyway correct me if i'm wrong but dont we have one already?
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 17 May 2006, 02:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Because it doesn't fit in with the general theme of Tau warfare. They are nowhere near mobile, and would be akin to fortifying an area.

When stuff gets that big, you just blow it up with mantas, orbiting ships, etc.

You know that forgeworld is making a 40k scale manta, right? One of the engines was on display at Games Day, and it was about the size of a land raider. It costs 1980 points!
Old 17 May 2006, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

For the sake of the blood on the hands of Khaine, why does nobody stop to think about this question before asking it?
  • Firstly, the Tau are wholey dedicated to mobile warfare - a Titan is by comparison slow, unmaneuverable, and a liability to a versatility/mobility-based army.
  • The Tau do have Titans - Manta Missile Destroyers are capable of engaging Scout and (perhaps) Battle Titans on comprable terms, and also have the fact that they are airborne (and spaceborne) so that they do not compromise Cadre deployment (indeed, they are the the deployment of said Cadre in many cases!).
Old 17 May 2006, 02:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

thats my point, only put better. Do we nned one? No.

If you want a titan then the Manta would be ours
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 17 May 2006, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Here are some pics of the manta, by the way:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/manta.htm
Old 17 May 2006, 02:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

cool, i was looking for them a while ago, do you know where the rules for it are??

Quote:
Old 17 May 2006, 03:02   #8 (permalink)
lonely tau

ah man that is sweet i wish i could get one of those and the rules for it but...

anyways we REALLY dont need a titan because face it, we have no tread vehicles at allso why would we even want to think about a giant walker that could be destroyed by taking out a single leg?

Old 17 May 2006, 03:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
anyways we REALLY dont need a titan because face it, we have no tread vehicles at allso why would we even want to think about a giant walker that could be destroyed by taking out a single leg?
Why make a vehicle that can be destroyed by taking out a single engine?
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 17 May 2006, 03:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE666
cool, i was looking for them a while ago, do you know where the rules for it are??
They're copywritten - Imperial Armour Volume 3.

Huge number of structure points, shields, Railcannons, batteries of Ion Cannons, etc...
Closed Thread