Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What to get next?
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 01:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to mwolfy Send a message via MSN to mwolfy
Default What to get next?

Ok im wondering what i should buy next. I plan to have a hybrid army. As of now i have 4 crisis, 36 firewarriors, hh, df, 20 kroot, 3 stealths. I really want some pathfinders, but they are expensive to buy all at once, and i think i need to get some more stealths. Should i dig up some money for the pathfinders or get 3 more stealths? Something else?
Old 17 May 2006, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef
Default Re: What to get next?

It looks like you have enough FW, and possibly kroot. You will definatly need 3 more stealth to make a full squad. I recomend 9 more because stealth are possibly one of the best units we have. Jet Packs, Stealth, 3 shots, Str 5, Armour 3+. Very good.

I also recommend another HH. Most people take 3 no matter what. And I recomend to do this. Get another hammerhead.

Pathfinders...IMO...can wait. They are pretty good, but not nesicary in building the foundations of an army.

Depending on how much you like Crisis...you may want more.

Stealth or Hammerhead. I recomend those two.
Old 17 May 2006, 03:40   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

How much are you looking to spend really?

The stealths are a good start and then it depends on your budget. Can you afford a hammerhead at the moment?
Old 17 May 2006, 03:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

4 Crisis will hold you for quite a while. 36 FW and 20 kroot might just be all the troops you ever need (barring devilfish.)

I'd go ahead and grab another 3 stealths. It's nice to have a full squad (though if you want the new stealths, you have to wait until they come out later this year!) The pathfinders are really not much worse since you already have the devilfish. You'd have to buy two stealth blisters to get 3 more, and two pathfinder blisters contains 6 pathfinders - a respectable size team.

If you get any vehicle, get a skyray. It comes with all the parts to make a devilfish, hammerhead, or skyray, and if you assemble it cleverly with magnets or other tricks, you can switch between all three vehicles.

Actually it doesn't come with the drones for a devilfish, but you should have some drones lying around, right?
Old 17 May 2006, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

i would advise three stealths and then another Devilfish or a skyray. not becasue it is extremely useful but because it has the parts to make a devilfish,Hammerhead or a skyray.

Old 17 May 2006, 04:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
i would advise three stealths and then another Devilfish or a skyray. not becasue it is extremely useful but because it has the parts to make a devilfish,Hammerhead or a skyray.
The skyray would be a good buy actually. Don't glue on the turret though, use magnets so you can switch off between skyray/hammerhead/devilfish, In essence the reason to buy it is not to feild it, but to be able to feild a hammerhead and throw in the skyray now and then for a change of pace.
Old 17 May 2006, 05:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
I'd go ahead and grab another 3 stealths. It's nice to have a full squad (though if you want the new stealths, you have to wait until they come out later this year!)
If you buy off ebay... you get stealth cheaper AND they are avalible right now. I bought my stealth 2 months ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
If you get any vehicle, get a skyray. It comes with all the parts to make a devilfish, hammerhead, or skyray, and if you assemble it cleverly with magnets or other tricks, you can switch between all three vehicles.
Now I didnt know the Skyray was out yet. I havent even seen it on ebay!
Closed Thread