Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Idea for new model!
Closed Thread
Old 05 May 2006, 21:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Idea for new model!

I had an idea... what about using fire warriors with drone drop units!
you could have a troop that could deepstrike to a marker that had been placed by a fire warrior so here it is... Stats same as firewarrior 14-5 pts equipment a carbine Both grenades blacksun filter.
Postitionall relay banner.
When you add a Drop warrior unit to your army you may select a fire warrior team to hold the Relay banner. During a movement phase you may plase where the banner is and move there if it within six inches. so what do you think?
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Old 05 May 2006, 21:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Idea for new model!

Thing is though its not all that fluffy...

Deepstriking is a rather risky thing: you're not exactly being brought down in an orca or fish here...

That's why they give the job to XV battlesuits and drones: the first are elite troops with a good chance of pulling it off (both the equipment and skills to do so) while the latter do not put any (friendly) lives in danger, and can be mass-produced while still quite efficient.
Old 08 May 2006, 15:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio-star
I had an idea... what about using fire warriors with drone drop units!
you could have a troop that could deepstrike to a marker that had been placed by a fire warrior so here it is... Stats same as firewarrior 14-5 pts equipment a carbine Both grenades blacksun filter.
Postitionall relay banner.
When you add a Drop warrior unit to your army you may select a fire warrior team to hold the Relay banner. During a movement phase you may plase where the banner is and move there if it within six inches. so what do you think?
nice. here is my greatest idea ever for you. Maa'kahn'aun'o-an archangel etherial. 12" movement, fleet of wing, night fighting rules (because he is so fast) and all you have to do is add swooping hawk exarch wings.

In loving memory of Kangaroo Joe 1987-2007

May the Emperor smile upon him
Quote:

by Farseer Emlyn

This could be solved if only they'd give Space Marines access to Commissars. "I'm sorry brother Amaleius, there isn't room for you in the transport" *BANG*. "Alright, men, let's get moving".
Old 12 May 2006, 19:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword

That would look brill.......oh wait i've seen it

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Old 13 May 2006, 05:41   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

i think we need a sort of official Tau bike, like a jetbike with the noirmal stuff and that holds something like a TL missle pod or something.

Old 13 May 2006, 06:33   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

What about defence turrets that stand still until you drop off a unit (it leaves the squad, joins the turret and is independant if it leaves the turret) they could be made to look universal so it works with all armies, in a first come first serve mode, but if the model leaves the weapon it deactivates and can be re-taken, these are needed in my special capture the base scenario, ask for info on the game type...
Old 13 May 2006, 06:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

1) A source of heavy weapons in our troops slots. I'm actually imagining a 0-1 squad of Single-shot fusion drones with good thrusters and a self-destruct system. Essentially large smart missiles with a gun.

In other words, they shoot once (can easily make it a "squad can fire only once per game") and if there's anything left standing, ram them and blow up with a small blast marker. Kinda like high-speed scarab swarm. If they wipe out the target and somehow don't get shot up, then they can always try to assault something and blow up next turn.

In other words, a squadron of cruise missiles as disposable "jetbikes".

Why do I say troops? because we don't have heavy weapon options there, unlike other armies. Our snipers are heavy choices, also unlike other armies. So we'll instead get a couple of suicidal 'frag' drones to get between the enemy and the kroot protecting our warriors, something which would probably be a heavy support choice in other armies.
Old 13 May 2006, 10:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i disagree with NOVA. the lack of heavy weapons in our troops slots is part of what makes us seperate from other races. it should be kept that way.

as for drop troop fire warriors... while the idea is damn cool, we already have gun drones. who do a similar job. and are fast attack. you could model your drones as fire warriors with jetpacks though.
Closed Thread