Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Unit - Your thoughts?
Closed Thread
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Crisis Unit - Your thoughts?

Here's a Crisis Configuration I made up awile ago.

2 Shas'ui with plasma rifle, flamer, multi - tracker
1 Shas'vre with flamer, AFL, multi - tracker
Hard Wired systems - 2 shield drones

This squad is an unnofficial bodyguard for my Helios Commander.

The reason I am posting this up is I am not sure whether the multi - tracker is the best choice. The original idea is I fly up really close to an enemy unit, unleash burning hell with every gun, and then charge my Commander with Vectored Retro Thrusters in to mop up the remnants (unless the remnants have power weapons). But now I'm not sure whether or not I sould scrap the multi - tracker and use the hard point to twin - link my plasma rifles so the unit can actually do something at range (BS3 does not mix well with single shot weapons).

Do I keep the multi - tracker to annihilate units at close range? Or do I scrap some close range firepower for reliability? (Close range chances don't always happen).

Your thoughts?

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to flowerfall
Default Re: Crisis Unit - Your thoughts?

don't you have to take a drone controller to take drones?
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

drone controller is free; you just pay the drones. and it can be hardwired.

Trackers are a good thing. But... what exactly are you taking on? guards? 'nids? Wouldn't a burst cannon be more effective there than plasma?
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to flowerfall

my mistake.

How about posting your almost 1000pt army list. Perhaps it could give us some indication of suggestions.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm a bit confused about the multitracker and HW multitracker on the same suit.

But I get the 'bodyguard' vaguery: theyre not a bodyguard, but an elite squad that lingers around the Shas'O to add to the firepower. The odd part is the shield drones. Unless the 'O is attached to the elite squad, then great! But the 'O then cant benefit from the vectored thrusters!

Maybe I'm just not getting it...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

(Slaps head numerous times)

Alright. The leader suit dosen't have a hard wired multi tracker. I'll fix that up as soon as I finish typing this.

But I get the 'bodyguard' vaguery: theyre not a bodyguard, but an elite squad that lingers around the Shas'O to add to the firepower. The odd part is the shield drones. Unless the 'O is attached to the elite squad, then great! But the 'O then cant benefit from the vectored thrusters!

The Shas'O is attached to the Elite squad (this will vary depending on opposition). The Shield Drones belong to the Shas'vre. ONLY the Shas'O charges into combat. Not any of the other suits. But being in the unit allows him to benefit from the shield drone's protection. The Shas'O will leave the squad during the Movement phase, then charge into combat to gain fire immunity.

Trackers are a good thing. But... what exactly are you taking on? guards? 'nids? Wouldn't a burst cannon be more effective there than plasma?

It's meant to be a tournament list. So I can't change weapons at will. The plasma is to deal with Marines, Necrons, etc. The flamer is to deal with....... just about anything. It's 4pts, and has similar stats to the AFL. Against Nids, they just die. Against Marines, you force lots of armour saves.

Here's my army list flowerfall asked for.

Shas'O with fusion blaster, plasma rifle, Vectored Retro Thrusters
Wargear - stimulant injectors, multi - tracker, target lock

(Insert Crisis unit mentioned above)

6 man Stealth Team

2 Fire Warrior Teams (12 each, all rifles) 1 Shas'ui with markerlight per team
1 Fire Warrior Team (12, all rifles)

2 Sniper Drone Teams

XV88 Broadside Team - 1 Shas'ui with railguns, SMS, targeting array
- 1 Shas'vre with '' '' '' '' '' '' '' ''
Wargear - Target lock, 2 Shield Drones
That's 15K

Thanks for your thoughts.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread