Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is this Legal??
Closed Thread
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Is this Legal??

So reading up on the stats for the Shield Drones, and Indurium plating, I can essentially upgrade a suit (preferably a Shas'o or Shas'el due to the cost) to have 6 and 5 wounds respectively with a 2+ armour save >. Can anyone verify if this is legal?

This is extremely expensive if legal, but holy hell, I could have an amazing tank hunter that can take some punishment!!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Is this Legal??

do you mean buying 6 shield drones, because the most you can buy for a single model is 2. otherwise what you want to do is legal. I just don't like losing the 6" assault, or the valuable hardpoint space.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

No the base wounds for a Shas'o is 4 and 3 for the shas'el plus 2 from the sheild drones.... 6 and 5 wounds total
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

It is legal. I wouldn't say it's good but it's definetley legal. I really don't like Irirdium Armour. A Crisis Suit without JSJ is just a big "charge me" sign. It's also very expensive. I figure that Independent Character staus is better protection than 2 extra wounds. Espescially seeing one hit with a krak missile can kill your Commander outright once his drones are gone. Which won't really take that long as there are only two of them.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 14 Apr 2006, 02:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, its legal. that's exactly what the iridium plate upgrade and drone controllers mean. hell, one's wargear and the other can be hardwired so you still have room for a support system to go with your weapons in there.

HOWEVER... keep in mind you turn that nice juicy '6 inch' move in the assault phase gets turned into d6.

As I understand it, if you keep your Shas'O behind friendlies though, they can't target him at all... so the maneuverability to get the hell away from incoming assaulters (especially if they, say deepstike behind you just for that purpose) is probably more important...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 03:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

actually a personal favourite for killing stuff is

Shas'o
Airbursting Fragmentation
Vectored Jets
Shield Generator
Iridium Armor
Stimulent Injector
Ejection System
2 Shield drones
Total 195

this unit is a scoring unit if anything. he has 6 wounds and a 2+arm, 4+inv and feel no pain and hit and run. he doesn't die! and if he does then you have the ejection system to escape shots. not only that this guy is fluffy to boot. he is more durable than a hammerhead.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 03:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Not bad but with all that Id rather see the one gun be a plasma rifle or a fusion blaster, then at least he has the capability to kill the nasty stuff thats trying so hard to kill him.

Old 14 Apr 2006, 04:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm considering the same loadout for my Shas'o, only with the CIB. I figure if I've only got room for 1 weapon system on my guy, the assault 5 should be it.

What I'd like to see is some math on survivability here. A 2+ save is twice as good as a 3+ save is, really, as one allows the hit through on a 1-2 and the other just on a 1. The stim injector also halves the number of wounds that get through. The stim injector allows you your full JSJ, and is less expensive, and is invulnerable. The Iridium armor negates AP3, but cuts our JSJ ability. It also works with sheild drones well.

Given the cheapness of the stim injector, and the usefulnes of JSJ, I'm not sure the Iridium armor has a place on my commander.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 04:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Im contemplating giving the stim injector to my Shas'O but then again I have something else to consider.

He never really gets shot in the first place, or assaulted. I can count the full number of shots and even close combat rounds he has fought in on my fingers. Still after more than a score of battles. The IC status works just that well especially when coupled with the JSJ. So the times that the stims would actually get to be put to use are few and very far between. Actually looking back through my battles even if I had had it it wouldnt have helped any as the few wounds he did take were from power weapons which negate the stims if my memory serves me right. IC and shield gennerator work just fine to protect my Shas'O Im not sure feel no pain and iridium armor is necessary but it is tempting to try it out on a new second in command.

Old 14 Apr 2006, 11:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

sorry had a brain fart :-[ your right the iridium plate is wargear. however I still don't like it, its not worth losing the full guaranteed 6 inch move for a slightly better chance to save a wound. I would rather have the stim injector myself.