Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New battleforce missing smart missile system
Closed Thread
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Piranha Pilot
Default New battleforce missing smart missile system

I recently purchased a new battleforce box. I cut out each piece carefully and it seems that it is missing the smart missile system for the Devilfish. > I am pretty sure I didn't misplace it. Can anyone help me out on this? Should I ask the Games Workshop dealer for one? Can you buy them seperatly? Has anyone else had this problem? ???

Help greatly appreciated.
Yarrick has the "William Wallace" rule. He is such a legend that he can shoot lightning from his eyes, fireballs from his D'yi and all manner of other physical impossibilities, which may include being everywhere at once.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: New battleforce missing smart missile system

That is because unless games workshop changed something the Devilfish does not come with the smart missil system. The only way to get one is the secondary weapons systems on the Hammerhead and that cannot be gotten seperately. How GW thinks we can use such an upgrade with such highly limited access to it I dont know but it is not a mistake. There is nothing missing and no problem to be brought to GW about. There simply isnt one.

Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

There is almost 0 chance that it came without them since it is a plastic part that comes on a sprue. Your best bet is to fake it by glueing 2 missile pods togeather and putting holes in them for mounting. Or just use burst cannons.

no you can not buy them seperatly, but if you know somebody who used the burst cannons instead, ask for their smart missles.

Edit: As mentioned above, the smart missles come on the hammerhead (and skyray?) turret sprues, and not on the devilfish. However, my fix still is valid.

-legacy40k
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Piranha Pilot

Thanks for the quick response ... I think I will just fake one somehow....

-Piranha Pilot
Yarrick has the "William Wallace" rule. He is such a legend that he can shoot lightning from his eyes, fireballs from his D'yi and all manner of other physical impossibilities, which may include being everywhere at once.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy40k
There is almost 0 chance that it came without them since it is a plastic part that comes on a sprue. Your best bet is to fake it by glueing 2 missile pods togeather and putting holes in them for mounting. Or just use burst cannons.

no you can not buy them seperatly, but if you know somebody who used the burst cannons instead, ask for their smart missles.

Edit: As mentioned above, the smart missles come on the hammerhead (and skyray?) turret sprues, and not on the devilfish. However, my fix still is valid.

-legacy40k
He is talking about the Devilfish not the Hammerhead. The Hammerhead comes with SMS and Burst Cannons the devilfish has neither. It is the Hammerhead sprue that contains the SMS so unless GW releases a new sprue getting ahold of the smart missil system for the Devilfish is going to prove difficult. Probably a conversion job for anyone determined enough or simply buy a Hammerhead and make it a Devilfish instead.

And no problem. Im sure this will prove a continual problem with the new codex. It will probably become another one of those noob questions we get asked all the times. Congratulations you were the first to ask it. I wouldnt be surprised to see it become a resurging problem that new players face. You can blame GW for that.

Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

A cheap conversion option might be to bitz order some drones and broadside SMS/arms. Hack apart the arms, file them down, and glue to the bottom of a partially assembled drone.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 03:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You can bitz order the Hammerhead sprue for ~ 5 USD.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 14 Apr 2006, 05:49   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via ICQ to Fugu Send a message via MSN to Fugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver
You can bitz order the Hammerhead sprue for ~ 5 USD.
$6 CAN. It's very easy to bits order to. Just pop into your local GW and ask them for the paperwork. Or you can order it online on GW's store.

I ordered a bunch of the sprews for the SMS and sundry extra parts.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 07:41   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I have found that it is easier to buy the hammer head box for devilfishes, as you get the SMS you want, plus some other cool bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 12:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

True, but if you get the devilfish by accident, like, say, in a boxed force set, you can get that sucker upgraded by buying the hammerhead sprue.

Which way is cheaper on the wallet depends on how you go about it. Where I am, buying a hammerhead if 40 USD, while buying the Devilfish is 35USD. The Sprue costs me 7 USD plus shipping. So the hammerhead is less expensive. I hear the opposite is true in canada. However, as part of the boxed set, the devilfish is a lot less, and ordering the sprue to upgrade is more economic.
Closed Thread