Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Could you...
Closed Thread
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Could you...

Equip a crisis battlesuit with 2 burst cannons and a multi-tracker? The thought kinda just came to me, ultimate ork/IG/tyranid ownage!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Piranha Pilot
Default Re: Could you...

*Turns to page 25 in new codex*

Nope, you cant have two of the same weapon. >
Yarrick has the "William Wallace" rule. He is such a legend that he can shoot lightning from his eyes, fireballs from his D'yi and all manner of other physical impossibilities, which may include being everywhere at once.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

NOOOOOOO well thats a total bumer on my dreams.... Well i guess shield gen, burst cannon and missile pod will have to do...
Old 12 Apr 2006, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Don't see why we shouldn't though... You'd have to the weapon twice instead of twinlink (that would be 40 for 2 plasmas), and can only fire them together if you have a multi, as usual... Granted since that might make them NEARLY as powerful as some of the elites available to others (though still not as capable in melee like virtually all of said others are) so it would be limited to a special HQ battlesuit?

Rather than a WS5 BS4 power-weapon-equipped +2/5++ all-range monstrosity, we'd have a BS 4 or 5 guy that gets a handful of extra shots (but is paying fully for them) since he/she still can't do much in close combat. Kinda like that Fast-shot exarch thing...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I dont really see why you would ever put a burst cannon on a Crisis. Tau have plenty of str 5 ap 5 weapons, but the Crisis own the only AP 2 weapons (plasma rifle) and the missle pod is a solid choice in any situation.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

just ask ypurself, why take a broadside against a solid infantry guard army? why take an ionhead against a land raider rush? i hate to tell you that the plasma rifle is hardly effective when you are facing a 32 guant charge.

Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Exactly. The same thing i said before. (i use blue tack to stick my weapons and stuff together, so i can change any time) i would just have 2 plasma rifles agianst space marines...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 03:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

if you want to use bc's use stealths...they are simply so much better imo...
save the crisis for what there good with...cib/abfl/mp/pr/fb
Old 13 Apr 2006, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny boy
I dont really see why you would ever put a burst cannon on a Crisis. Tau have plenty of str 5 ap 5 weapons, but the Crisis own the only AP 2 weapons (plasma rifle) and the missle pod is a solid choice in any situation.
Why put a Burst Cannon on a Crisis Suit? Simple: the Flamer. No other unit in the army can take a Flamer (oh how I wish Gue'Vesa could take Flamers or Grenade Launchers), thus it is the only way to get this incredibly powerful (if extremely close range) horde killing weapon into your army. The next most-powerful horde killing weapon for Crisis suits is the Burst Cannon (well, standard issue anyways, the Airbursting Fragmentation Projector is better, but you can't get nearly as many). The main advantage of being a crisis suit is the ability to double up on weapons, allowing you to make up for the small unit size and cost of the suits themselves (only very specilized suits like Deathrain or tank hunters don't use a multitracker). Thus, it is in your best interest to get a Burst Cannon on any Flamer Crisis Suits so you're better at killing hordes and have a gun to use when outside of Flamer range.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 13 Apr 2006, 04:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Airburst projector on, say, a 2nd HQ (Shas'el) with CIB or Flamer?

The IC status does mean that range isn't quite as dangerous to you if you're careful... But its a waste of those nice ballistic skills to put it on a command unit like that..

Now if we could just find a way to steal ourselves a crate of splinter-cannons instead... now THAT'S a horde killer compared to the burst cannon...
Closed Thread