Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suit consideration?
Closed Thread
Old 12 Apr 2006, 05:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Crisis suit consideration?

I was thinking about this the other day - yes I know, thinking is a Very dangerous thing for me to do, but I was for once actually considering flamers. I used to be against them, but I thought the template was much smaller(after being torched by Sisters of Battle I found out differently) and the twinlinking always threw me off.

I've been considering a group setup to work much like the sting wings - toss em in to weaken a unit, or come around behind cover at a unit. Basicly The equipment would either be twinlinked flamers, and then a long range weapon like the Missile pod, or twinlinked missile pods and a flamer.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 06:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Ironman
Default Re: Crisis suit consideration?

If you are considering such close range calamity with you crisis suits, it might not be a bad idea to throw in a Shas'vre and give him the Airbursting whatsis... it ignores cover and has all the fun of a flamer, but wait, it ALSO doesn't use your ballistic skill...so you can blow apart your opponent with style! ;D

also, consider the other weapons options your choosing. at such short range, your battle suits would benefit greatly from fusion blasters, that way with the flamer/blaster combo, you can hunt down tanks and lightly armored units alike.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:11   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I actually thought about that exact same thing today as I was sitting bored at work the other day.
Blaster/Targeting Array/Flamer.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

if your going for close multi-shot horde killers change the blaster for a burst cannon, with a targetting array you'll end up putting out more wounds.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 12 Apr 2006, 10:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechar
if your going for close multi-shot horde killers change the blaster for a burst cannon, with a targetting array you'll end up putting out more wounds.
Well I tried the Cyclic Blaster on an 'el with and it kinda worked. I am use to the Str 5 of most of our weapons so rolling to wound kinda sucked. CB kinda works on T3 guys, anything higher and it kind sucks.

Shas'el TA, CB, MP, HdWd MT

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Closed Thread