Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Let me be honest with you...
Closed Thread
Old 10 Apr 2006, 02:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Let me be honest with you...

The upcoming campain is being billed as a fight for a small planet called Medusa V. Oh, and nearby, a warp storm is going to rip the planet apart.

We will be fighting for a planet in the upcoming campain. HOWEVER, there will be a crazy plot twist. So, I'm warning you, crazy things are going to happen. When it happens, we will need to stay flexible.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 10 Apr 2006, 02:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Let me be honest with you...

What twist?
Old 10 Apr 2006, 02:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

As the word twist was used and this is GW I assume nobody is going to know till it happens and we simply must stay on our toes, thats alright its what Mechanized Tau are used to doing anyway. Still its GW... might be something pretty odd. Hmm...

Old 10 Apr 2006, 02:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Planet gets ripped apart at the last moment of battle and all was for nothing. *lol* Wouldn't surprize me.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 03:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Well thinking about it I came up with the question of: Why in the name of.... would anyone want to start massively killing each other over a doomed planet. The Tyranids are looking to eat stuff, the Tau are looking to study the warp and the orks seem to just be bumbling in looking for a fight with no regard to the storm and the eldar are as usual acting on insights of the Farseers. Then you add the Imperium into the mix. With all this fluff wise and an approaching warp storm the possibilities are endless especially those involving catastrophes. And oh yes I entirely forgot the Necron are in the region and obelisks doesnt sound very good.

Possible Ideas:

The Tau inadvertently do something screwey and the warp storm suddenly speeds its approach or does something very unexpected.

The Necron pop out with some mighty and terrible weapon.

The Tyranids absorb the strain of DNA they were after and suddenly produce some new and horrible bio weapon.

And you get the idea and that isnt even including the Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos and Imperium the possibilities of very bad things that fall under the title of "plot twist" are endless.

Old 10 Apr 2006, 04:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Right. This whole fighting over a single doomed planet thing REALLY sounds fishy. I mean, the last campain of this scale was an all out war over many sectors...

This is so small, there are fewer fluff cadres than real ones.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 10 Apr 2006, 05:35   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Eye of Terror and Storm of Chaos proved a little confusing and hard to manage, though. Armageddon and Albion worked better, although the systems these used lent themselves to ending up a stalement. We do have precedent for single-world campaigns. GW may just be taking a step back in terms of complexity.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 06:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Ironman

I remember reading some fluff somewhere(Games workshop probably), about the tau identifying a temple that they wanted to take and hold...(er something like that...)

But I agree, this MedusaV shpeel is going to be kind of like the Armageddon campaign. (if anyone remembers THAT ordeal)

Pointless in all respects, yet interesting at the same time....

Hey, they might even print a useless campaign codex too! :
Old 10 Apr 2006, 06:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well I've herd that the're going to do continuios updates like they did with SoC, and while I dident play WFB, I found it quite enjoyable to read up and see how the campaign was going. So I'm expecting it to be a fun event in any case. And there will be no codex, or at least thats what they told me at GDLA, the rules etc. will be printed in WD, and released online for download.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 07:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Medusa V. One planet. About to be engulfed by a warp storm or something. It's gonna die (zomg spoilers!). The question is - how. That is what this campaign will decide, the wins and losses etc contribute to the fluff about the planet. For some reason - ALL the races are there - in the case of the Tau - they're there to research the warp: "Their Etheric Scanners, pointing at Van Grothe's Rapidity, are harvesting data, in a bid to unlock the unknown mysteries of the Warp."

As for a crazy plot twist - all I can think of is "Psyche! The planet isn't gonna die! The winner takes all!"...