Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shovah and kroot
Closed Thread
Old 09 Apr 2006, 19:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default O'Shovah and kroot

O'shovah and his breakaway mercenaries arent allowed kroot, but couldnt he hire the kroot who still work as mercenaries, as O'shovah himself being a mercnary,the woul aquire lots more genetic material to take back home with them.

Answer: tomorrow
Old 09 Apr 2006, 19:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar
Default Re: O'Shovah and kroot

O'shovah is part fo the Tau empire Codex, so classified as Tau. If i remember correctly Kroot mercenaries wern't allowed with Tau forces, so that would be a no...at least rules wise.

Fluff wise it doesn't seem too much of a problem, they are already violating their treaty by acting as mercenaries, so working for a Tau renegade wouldn't be any worse.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 09 Apr 2006, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

I think the idea is that farsight has completely detached himself from all ties within the empire, including krrot and the new vespid soldiers. Slightly fluffwise, the reason O'shovah broke away was because he felt others let him down to the extent that he lost many men and were conered by the orks etc. This could lead to a belief that ONLY his own tau warriors were good enough to fight alonogside him, he could only trust them to back him up when required!

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 09 Apr 2006, 20:05   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Then why does he serve as a mercenary alongside other armies if he only has faith in his fire warriors?also could it be like in wharhammer F,like those 'ask your opponents permission' sort of thing?

Old 09 Apr 2006, 20:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

You could make a house rule that he can which would require the opponents permission, but to make it fiar in regard to his rules you shoudl really limit the unit sizes and amounts, plus NO shaper, even maybe increase their point by 1. Then again, who wants to be fair anymore...?

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 10 Apr 2006, 00:30   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to HammerheadKid

I lost my old Tau Codex when a buddy of mine's living room burned, but I don't think it ever says in the old or new one that O'Shovah hired himself out to any other army or calls him a mercenary. Plus, read the little quote he makes in his section of the new codex. With that attitude, I doubt he'd allow any other race to fight with him, whether or not the mainstream Tau have accepted them. Heck, that's probably an incentive for him not to take them. Also, I doubt the kroot or vespids would risk their acceptance into the Tau empire by fighting with Farsight. That's the fluff side of it. As far as needing Kroot, that's unrealistic. O'Shovah is hardcore enough in close combat, and with up to seven bodygaurds in his posse, you'd have a hard time finding a role for the Kroot to fill.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 08:45   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

in the old codex there was an imperial report that said he had been seen fighting alongside many other races,including chaos space marines,in fact it also said that tau mercnaries had been fighting along side kroot come to think of it.

Old 10 Apr 2006, 08:53   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
in the old codex there was an imperial report that said he had been seen fighting alongside many other races,including chaos space marines,in fact it also said that tau mercnaries had been fighting along side kroot come to think of it.
id like to know wut page that is on.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

it's page 51 of the old codex, second column. it says there are rumours of tau mercs fighting with kroot, human renegades, eldar, chaos space marines and orks.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:50   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to HammerheadKid

But does it say that those Tau mercenaries are from the Farsight clique? I can see how mainstream Tau could be seen as mercenaries by those small-minded Imperials, but I don't think O'Shovah would ever hire himself out or hire someone on, especially with the attitude he has now, in the new Codex.