Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What should I watch out for against Witch Hunters?
Closed Thread
Old 08 Apr 2006, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default What should I watch out for against Witch Hunters?

So, yea... What should I watch out for against Witch Hunters? And what should I do to them? I'm just playing them this weekend (first game of mine using Tau) and would like some pointers on what to take and do and stuff... Thanks.
Old 08 Apr 2006, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: What should I watch out for against Witch Hunters?

Shoot them. They bleed. They die.

What the hell do you people want? Shoot the bolter bitches!

Tactics, Mech... use the tactics!

AHHH! A voice! I'm going crazy!

Ah. Well. Post your army list and his, and I'll tell you what is scary and what to use to kill it.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 08 Apr 2006, 00:22   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

for witch hunters i would suggest watching out for an Exorciast and any other super special tanks like that. then i would suggest lokking for the HQ and sink that. after that if your mech then you dont really have much to watch out for.

Old 08 Apr 2006, 02:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle
So, yea... What should I watch out for against Witch Hunters? And what should I do to them? I'm just playing them this weekend (first game of mine using Tau) and would like some pointers on what to take and do and stuff... Thanks.
Heya,

This article on the main site may be of some help to you: A Tau Guide against Pure Sisters of Battle.

It doesn't have all the Witch Hunter units, but it has a bulk of the ones you'll need to watch for.

One of the nastiest things you'll probably face: Callidus Assassin. The bad news, is that you cannot do anything about this little lady. She literally shows up on the board wherever your opponent wants, and can shoot and attack right away. She can lock down a vehicle, or really toast a unit of choice--like your XV8s, stealths or Broadsides for example. She's one of the banes of Tau in terms of Witch Hunters. And to top it off, she can move one of your units at the beginning of the game up to 6 inches. So when placing your "key" units, be sure to consider what would happen if it shifted 6 inches and was suddenly in plain sight of an Exorcist. The good news, is that you can use unit coherency to keep her from killing too much too quickly. Otherwise, when she arrives--simply get all other units which aren't attacked, away from her.

The non-Sister of Battle units you will encounter involve Storm Troopers, Penitent, Repentia and Penitent Engines (along side Inquisitors). Most of this is something you will not have to worry about, as your firepower will eat these particular units alive (most of them focusing on close combat, and are quite fast, but easily destroyed by nearly any shooting attacks). So don't sweat them. Just watch for fast sisters and watch for sneaky Assassins.

Cheers!
Old 08 Apr 2006, 02:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I have a question about the callidus's forced move. I've heard of it used to turn tanks around so they were facing backwards! Is this legal?
Old 08 Apr 2006, 03:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Yes. The solution is to do this with all your tanks, so they use the spare move to turn it around.
[size=1pt]Joking![/size]

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 08 Apr 2006, 03:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
I have a question about the callidus's forced move. I've heard of it used to turn tanks around so they were facing backwards! Is this legal?
This is absolutely not legal.

The rules of Whisper in your Ear allow the Inquisition player to move your tank/unit up to 6 inches in any direction, however, the owning player of that unit/tank may choose the facing of it, after it is moved. And it's specifically stated in the rules of the Assassin.

When in doubt - always ask your opponent for codex proof.

Cheers!