Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Casualties with drones
Closed Thread
Old 07 Apr 2006, 03:52   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Casualties with drones

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around it.
Two situations.
1: I have a Team of Crisis: 3, two of which have Drones: 2. (3 Crisis/4 Drones total) When they are shot at do I roll saves for drones because they are majority?
If so, say 2 died...I now test for 25% casualties correct?
Now, I am left with 3 Crisis and 2 Drones...get shot at again... Do I roll Crisis' saves because they are majority?
(As a side note I take 2 wounds... do both go to a suit or are they distributed amongst multiple suits or do they go to the remaining 2 Drones?)

If I understand correctly, I believe a suit would be taken out..(so I am left with 2 Crisis and 2 Drones).
Now, I get shot, take two more wounds, which saves do I roll now?

2: This is similar so if the answers are the same please note that they are.

I have a single Crisis with two drones, (1 Crisis/2 Drones), get shot, do I roll saves for Drones? If so let's say 1 dies, do I roll 25% casualties even though there were only 3 in the squad to start out?
Same situation, but both Drones were taken out. (1 Crisis/0 Drones). Am I now under 50%? Do I take LD. for being under 50%, and a Last man standing test,? If I pass both I still fight correct? If I fail one of them do I fall back, and do I continue to fall back regardless what I roll because I'm under 50%?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly a remark on the Piranha/Drone deal, I believe that they make individual squads of two, when was the last time a squad of 10 drones was allowed?
Old 07 Apr 2006, 07:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Casualties with drones

Two situations.
1: I have a Team of Crisis: 3, two of which have Drones: 2. (3 Crisis/4 Drones total) When they are shot at do I roll saves for drones because they are majority?
If so, say 2 died...I now test for 25% casualties correct?
Now, I am left with 3 Crisis and 2 Drones...get shot at again... Do I roll Crisis' saves because they are majority?
(As a side note I take 2 wounds... do both go to a suit or are they distributed amongst multiple suits or do they go to the remaining 2 Drones?)

If I understand correctly, I believe a suit would be taken out..(so I am left with 2 Crisis and 2 Drones).
Now, I get shot, take two more wounds, which saves do I roll now?

A) Yes, you are right.
B) Drones get hits first

2: This is similar so if the answers are the same please note that they are.

I have a single Crisis with two drones, (1 Crisis/2 Drones), get shot, do I roll saves for Drones? If so let's say 1 dies, do I roll 25% casualties even though there were only 3 in the squad to start out?
YES
Same situation, but both Drones were taken out. (1 Crisis/0 Drones). Am I now under 50%?
YES
Do I take LD. for being under 50%, and a Last man standing tests?
YES
If I pass both I still fight correct?
YES, but take AOYO tests at the beggining of each turn.
If I fail one of them do I fall back, and do I continue to fall back regardless what I roll because I'm under 50%?
YES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly a remark on the Piranha/Drone deal, I believe that they make individual squads of two, when was the last time a squad of 10 drones was allowed?

Each "set" of two drones is one, unscoring unit of two drones worth no VPs to your opponent.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Apr 2006, 07:45   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:

Each "set" of two drones is one, unscoring unit of two drones worth no VPs to your opponent.
When was the last time you were allowed to select a single squad of only 2 drones? The fact that drone squadrons are normally allowed only between 4 and 8 models is irrelevant. Drones selected as a separate FA choice and drones attached to vehicles are apples and oranges, selection wise.
Old 07 Apr 2006, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Right... thats what I thought I said.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Apr 2006, 12:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

Theres no reference to drones counting towards 50% in their description for the purposes of regrouping, only for victory point purposes. They do however count towards 25% for the sake of casualties.

Its a fubar'ed rule by GW that blurs the lines between models/wargear.

Best to play them like they are models within the unit, and use them for 25%/50% just to be fair.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 07 Apr 2006, 12:19   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Note that GW did fix Shield Drones a bit. Since they take on the armour save and toughness of the model they are controlled by, the mixed armour and majority toughness rules go away.
Old 07 Apr 2006, 14:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In the case of the shield drones, does this mean for drones to take hits they need to be in the majority? Or because of having the same toughness and armour I can nominate them as a casulty - or would the multiwound rules come into play here where I am forced to remove the drones first regardless of numbers as I have to take casulties in such a way to remove a model if possible (so I can't take the first wound on a broadside and then move onto the drones)
Old 07 Apr 2006, 14:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Multi wound rules only say that if you are allocating wounds to a model, it MUST have all of its wounds filled up before you can allocate to a different model. It does not dictate which model is required to be given wounds.

In this case, shield drones can be given the wounds, even if you only have one left out of a 3 man suit' team.
Closed Thread