Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Burning Rain
Closed Thread
Old 07 Apr 2006, 02:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Burning Rain

i recently released alot of army lists and tons of elite advice and i figured i would post some battle reports to back up my advice. so if your interested in hearing what my Cadre, Burning Rain, is up to then read on.

my army in general contains helios crisis, HQ with positional relay, some Carbine warriors, pathfinders, rail n ion head and my beefy Stealth team.

by the way im naming the 6 suit stealth team 12 drone combo after my army and there appropriate roll. Sliprain. they sneak in or drop in and slip past enemy defences to rain death in a cascade of pulse shots.

Burning Rain vs. Ork Speedfreakz

setup:
hammerhead on each side, pathfinder on my right and FW to my left. suits ready to DS and my leader hidden in some woods in mid.
opponent has 3 full trucks a bike squad on left and some jetpack boyz to my right.

Turn one: pathfinders take the initiative and fly forward using landed DF as guard. light up a truck and launch seekers (2) till it blows up.
ork response is to fly quickly down the middle with the trucks. the bikes take to my flank with the turbo boosters and the jetpack boyz prepare to assault my pathfinders.

Turn two: Shas'el Tara'Vasa (pos. relay commander) calls for my Sliprain squad and using the pathfinder DF they land between the jetpack boyz and the evacuted truckboyz from turn one. left side moves swiftly right to avoid flanking bikes but the hammerhead stays safe to face them. Sliprain annihalates the 20 jetpack boyz leaving only 3 pinned and fleeing while my tanks try kill other trucks uncucsessfully. the pathfinders light up some trucks and destroy another truck in the middle. Ork response, biker boys move around trying to attack my leader without LOS. the HQ truck speeds up mid. the newly evacuated truck boyz start the long run towards my leader and pathfinder fire base. the sliprain squad gets assaulted by the turn one evacuees and wins combat by pure initiative advantage. no one falls back.

Turn 3: with the enemy draged into middle it's time for a mont'ka. the crisis team fails to DS but the FW FoF and my pathfinder light for them and my HQ. they make short work of the newly evacuated boys. my hammerheads try to destroy some trucks and boys but once again i roll ones on my railgun vs HQ truck. combat continues with my stealths and they continue winning but take several drone casualties. Ork seeing the army exposed move to strike as well. bikerz whipe out my FW and almost get to my Shas'el. HQ squad finally immerges from truck to eliminate the pesky Sliprain team. they unload and squeeze into combat kill all drones and 3 suits. the last three excape.

Turn four: the deciding turn. Sliprain regroups with BK and uses hammerheads and pathfinders to destroy the HQ guards. the SMS fires final shots just barely killing last guard and my Shas'el lines up the final shot against Ork HQ. use my last merker token and fire my plasma and fusions. he survives the plasma easily with invuln. but the fusion slips through, killing him outright for the greater good. the bike boyz are left untouched and zoom towards my remaining gourp killing the pathfinders.

Turn 5: the biker boyz resistance ends when the Helios drop and the railgun blows them to pieces with the combined help of my other units.

Tau win with 766/1500 pts left. a devastating defeat for my enemy. guess the GW staff isn't that untouchable.

this was my first Burning Rain style battle and i'm fairly impressed. my mach tau weren't aggressive enough and this new army is plenty aggresive. im extremely impressed with my Sliprain squad which 20 jetpack boyz, 8 truck boyz, and some of an HQ squad. They single handedly took an entire flank needing only a pathfiner team to kill a truck early. seeing there ability i let the rest of my army focus on the rest of the orkz.

this was also my first time testing Sliprain and i am extremly impressed. for only 310 pts i wiped out a flank of boyz and forced them to attack with their HQ squad which left them very exposed.

more battles will be posted shortly. i gotta fight them first.

if you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask. and i always enjoy comments (good or ba..., constructive.)

Old 07 Apr 2006, 02:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Burning Rain

Battle Reports
It has become apparent that some members would like to be able to find Battle Reports to read but are having problems locating threads due to how active it is here. So in order to aid all members looking for such threads could all members creating Battle Reports have the following at the beginning of the topic title:

"[BatRep]:"

It may also be worthwhile to mention the number of points in the title too, as this makes it easier for all members and would probably get thread posters more feedback on their battle. So everyone's a winner.

This is a quote from RJay, from this topic: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=3875.0
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 07 Apr 2006, 06:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

srry it's my first battle report
Old 07 Apr 2006, 10:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't worry better you learn sooner than later. Anyway good battle report that was set out in a way that it can be read easily. Good luck on your next battle report i hope to see more.

Freezing

[Edit] Oops i forgot to spell check.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
Old 07 Apr 2006, 11:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
pathfinders take the initiative and fly forward using landed DF as guard. light up a truck and launch seekers (2) till it blows up.
Did you just move the fish, unload the pathfinders, and fire the markerlights all in the same turn?*

Thanks for the report, though...The stealths are indeed beastly with 18 models...but the impact on your ability to field a large number of quality units was kinda scary. I kept asking "where's the rest?". Also, I wouldn't deepstrike helios suits...their range is too short. Not being able to JSJ on the turn they land will be fatal....notwithstanding the fact that they didn't get into the game until late.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 07 Apr 2006, 23:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well actually i screwed up the report. i actually forgot to get helios into the game on the last turn so they never saw battle time. i won the game without my 186 pt team.

i wasn't clear but the finders used scout move then lights.

DS helios are actually good but unlike my Sliprain i don't plan on having enemies left when they come down. there survivability is far too low so instead they are the final blow. they come down normally guided and rip through the remaining men so that anything left is no longer a threat.