Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A friend is starting a Tau army...
Closed Thread
Old 06 Apr 2006, 23:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default A friend is starting a Tau army...

Hi
My friend is going to start a tau army..he read their story and he likes them for some reason. I want to help him start..like give him some advice in what should be hes first squads and stuff... But i dont know anything about tau,can anyone help me please?
Thanks,
Daxter
Old 06 Apr 2006, 23:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: A friend is starting a tau army...

How much are you willing to spend and what type of army to you want to play.

Mech Static, Hybrid?

Tell him to buy a box of fire warriors theyre are alot so it takes some time to complete, but will give u a feel for what painting the entire army is like. That and you'll know your using them theyre a mandatory choice.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 06 Apr 2006, 23:27   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: A friend is starting a Tau army...

What he must have:

The codex

One Crisis suit to use as a Commander.

One box of Fire Warriors.

I would recommend that his initial purchase should include one of the Tanks (A Hammerhead or Skyray could also be used for a Devilfish), another squad of Fire Warriors, and just something that will be fun to try out, possibly a Stealth Team or a Piranha.

From there, he will need to decide what type of force he wants to build. But the above should give him a good start. It might be worth picking up the smaller army box, as it is usually a better deal.
Old 06 Apr 2006, 23:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
What he must have:

The codex

One Crisis suit to use as a Commander.

One box of Fire Warriors.

I would recommend that his initial purchase should include one of the Tanks (A Hammerhead or Skyray could also be used for a Devilfish), another squad of Fire Warriors, and just something that will be fun to try out, possibly a Stealth Team or a Piranha.

From there, he will need to decide what type of force he wants to build. But the above should give him a good start. It might be worth picking up the smaller army box, as it is usually a better deal.
Your talking about that smaller box with 2 squads and a tank? It costs 80 in portugal, and i dont know if those squads that come in it are good...are they? At least that box is good in the space marines army.
Old 06 Apr 2006, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I meant the Battleforce. It contains one Crisis Suit, one Transport, one squad of Fire Warriors, one squad of Kroot, and a Stealth team. It is 90$ US, but I do not know the conversion. it is a pretty good start for a Tau army, although some people don't like to use the Kroot.
Closed Thread