Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sky Ray: missing in action
Closed Thread
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Sky Ray: missing in action

There I was, a week or two after the Skyray appeared amongst the GW models at my store. I was watching, waiting, pondering how I could possibly fight my way through the tau lines to take out their seeker tanks... and found myself fighting the exact same tau I've been playing against the past few years + a few extra bits of gear and more fusion guns. It was a serious let down. All the vespids keep dieing on the turn they "make their move" overall I've seen very little on the table top of the new tau to change my opinion of them...
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Sky Ray: missing in action

Sorry, it takes me more than two weeks to fully revamp my army in accordance with the new codex, paint new units, ETC ETC.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Rev_Enge(spc)

As Mobile Tau said (sorry, couldn't resist) it would probably take at least 1 moth or probably 2 for the new dex to be fully integrated into people's Tau. Mabe faster for me, or slower. I don't know.

Maybe you're too good for the update. :

"In war, laws are silent"
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
As Mobile Tau said (sorry, couldn't resist)
BWHahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa Soooo funny ;D ;D
Old 06 Apr 2006, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

You haven't fought ME yet.
My list hasn't changed except for Wargear and um... markerlights... 8 of them.
And they're sweet.
Proudly banned from both Mech Tau Tactica and Advanced Tau Tactica by Kai'Lore. Kai'Lore has no honor and the fact that my mere presence reminds him of this is more than his cowardly person can bear. He banned me from the new site after less than a day. =)
Old 06 Apr 2006, 03:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

What was my exact threat again? Lemme check!

"Mobile Tau"? I will crush whatever traitor to the Greater Good uses that phrase!

[size=20pt]CRUUUUUSH!!![/size]

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 06 Apr 2006, 03:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Many places around where I live can barely keep the codex in stock and getting it in the first place was a real pain for them. The models are proving no less easy with delays from GW its slowing things down considerably and as a Senior in high school Im shockingly busy and the time I have to go get, build, and paint these things is severely limited. I imagine some others have similar problems or things causing the same slow down results.

It probably wont be another two or three months till my army is fully intigrated with the new codex.

Old 06 Apr 2006, 03:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Right. I nearly forgot to mention, but I still don't have the codex!

Old 06 Apr 2006, 06:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've been studying the new codex day and night since I got it last friday, and, well, um....

Well, to be honest I'm not impressed with much of the new units and wargear. I like the kroots ability to take kroot hounds without losing a fast attack choice. I am in love with the new piranhas. and I put the advanced stabilization system on all of my broadsides.

having said that, there is not really anything else new that I plan to use. the vespid actually kind of scare me as being too weak, the special issue wargear doesn't really strike me as worth it (I play mostly against MEQ ). and I'm guessing its just me, but I find that the skyray is completely worthless to my playing style.

its funny that with all the new options I'll only have to buy five new models - all of them being piranhas.
Old 06 Apr 2006, 08:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

the piranha and skyray arent even released yet (ok so the box of 3 is, but how many people are gonna use units of 3 piranhas?). Currently the only 'new' things avalaible are the commander (which most people have) and the sniper drones, which most tau players (including me) are still very apprehensive about.

oh yea and the vespid.....snigger.

Whats you probably didnt notice is that your tau opponent now has a bigger army and better army without looking very different. With the reduced points costs, and proper working drone rules everything is now fine an dandy.

I would expect to see piranhas and skyrays in general use in about 2-3 weeks.
Closed Thread