Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Fall of Medusa] Meeting of Minds (execution and organizational planning)
Closed Thread
Old 05 Apr 2006, 04:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default [Fall of Medusa] Meeting of Minds (execution and organizational planning)

This is a post where people theorizing organisational and execution ideas for the upcoming Medusa campaign due to avoiding clutter on other posts.
Thankyou
~good hunting
Old 05 Apr 2006, 05:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Meeting of Minds (medusa)

We, being the most hit forum in all of 40k (Try google fight if ya don't believe me), ought to form some sort of Shas'Ar'Tol. A group of people from each country lead the rest of the members from that country. Other people bring them advice and such.

One supreme member (Thats you Calmsword, organizing us all), is our Ethereal. You join a council of the Ethereals of the other Shas'Ar'Tols set up on other forums... and keep us in touch with what the other forums are plotting.

Really can't fail...

As for codes: USE TAU WORDS WHENEVER POSSIBLE! I am also an excellent cryptologist, and can design us simple codes that will be highly effective.

So the layers ought to be:

Intended meaning > Code words > Tau words > The Code.

The code will have a name, and only known to the Ethereals and Shas'Ar'Tol. Each member of the Shas'Ar'Tol sends the members under his command PM's or such with their orders.

The Shas'Ar'Tol meets on AIM, as does the Glorious and Supreme Ethereal council.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 05 Apr 2006, 06:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

good ideas- but a word of caution
i have deliberatly opted to an advisor and coordinator, leaving the actual war plans to elected leaders, this is to keep people thinking that i've started this in order to be "supreme grand ultimate star quencher commander" lol-
the current plan is this- in case you hav'nt read the other posts

this friday those willing will sign up to represent Shas'O and 3 Shas'El positions for their countries in order to better coordinate a battle plan for this coming campaign. The Shas'O will meet together in private and then there will be a trickle down of orders (this is paraphrased).
~good hunting
Old 05 Apr 2006, 06:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Supreme Grand Ultimate Star Quencher Commander sounds fun.

Eh. Suit yourself...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 05 Apr 2006, 06:50   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

YAK! I get the message already! You want a subforum! I am having trouble balancing all of the Medusa threads as they seem to be converging along similar lines. I'm working with the staff on getting something set up so we can keep all of this discussion in one place.

Until that time, here is another idea:

Once we do get some kind of structure, it might be a good idea to come up with a banner. All of the larger 40k sites allow banners, and this may give us fantastic advertising. If a Tau player sees many of the other Tau posters with the same image in their profile, he or she is going to wonder about that. And wondering about it will let them know that the structure exists. If the banner contains a link to a stickied orders post, so much the better. This will also give us another fun activity to work on in the intervening months. Hold a design contest for the campaign logo, preferably in the classic style for sept symbols. Combine entries from multiple forums, and post the poll on multiple forums, totalling the results. This will help us start to coordinate between multiple forums without breaking any advertising rules. It may also encourage camaraderie between Tau players on different forums, which we will benefit from in the long run.
Old 05 Apr 2006, 07:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [Medusa] Meeting of Minds (execution and organizational planning)

Someone with a decent Photoshop can add words to this:

Old 05 Apr 2006, 07:12   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: [Fall of Medusa] Meeting of Minds (execution and organizational planning)

This is another case, though, where simplicity might be preferable. Whatever we used would need to be easily recognizeable for what it was. Words should be kept to a minimum. Possibly something based on an existing symbol, such as the Phase 3 logo, shown below. The idea is to express unity of purpose.

Old 05 Apr 2006, 07:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [Fall of Medusa] Meeting of Minds (execution and organizational planning)

Ooo... lend our cause "officialness"!

Fair enough really.

Old 05 Apr 2006, 07:27   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Ooo... lend our cause "officialness"!

Fair enough really.
Right. If GW gives the Tau force an official name, we coopt it. If they don't, we come up with one on our own and hammer it in the fluff and on the forums until it becomes official, much as the Da Green Kroosade did in the Eye of Terror campaign.
Old 05 Apr 2006, 07:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

My sentiments exactly. This will be a long fight to organize this, but we should base ourselves on the winners of past Campain winners. It worked for them!

Closed Thread