Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armor color
Old 05 Apr 2006, 03:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Armor color

Can you paint the Tau any color scheme you want?I have the new megaforce and the old battleforce and extra stuff like more crisis and broadsides and i want to give them boltgun metal colored armor. ???

Excessive demonstration of conflicting emotions repressed . - khanaris
Funkyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 03:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Armor color

Yes, save hot pink and baby blue. The great and almighty Shas'o'savient forbids any color scheme with those colors. Other than that, enjoy!
Savient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 03:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

wooooooo i didn't waste like $50 on paint. ;D

Too many smilies. They are like salt! > - Khanaris
Funkyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 04:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

lets keep from abusing those smileys. use them sparingly.

technicaly any colour can be used on your models.

next time you plan on starting a painting thread, put it in the painting section.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 12:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

You can use any color, (that is why warhammer modelling is fun), there are many ways to express your wrath. However, if you're planning to make your armour all one colour, be warned, most tournaments require three colors on each miniature.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 15:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You may only paint your army whatever color you want IF you stop using more than one smiley per sentence on average.

If you have more smilies than sentences you're abusing the smilies. It's a good rule to live by.

But yeah, the Tau are really good for this since outside of "home planet" you can make up whatever fluff you want to about your cadre (army). Mine are silver/grey armor with forest green cloth and blue details, someone else's may be black armor, red details, and yellow cloth, and both of us can even be from the same homeworld (for simplicity's sake since I REALLY don't feel like remodelling the shoulder pad symbols my guys are from the Tau homeworld). That's really cool.

Honestly next to some of the chaos forces I don't think anyone's got quite that amount of freedom. With the Eldar you'd have to make up your own Craftworld (ugh, that'd be hard to explain) and with the Space Marines you'd have to come up with your own chapter which means Chapter symbol creation (oh joy). That's NOT saying that other armies can't be done, I just think the Tau have the most freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 15:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Jebz Send a message via Yahoo to Jebz

The joy of the Tau is as FOXX as stated...

Quote:
But yeah, the Tau are really good for this since outside of "home planet" you can make up whatever fluff you want to about your cadre (army). Mine are silver/grey armor with forest green cloth and blue details, someone else's may be black armor, red details, and yellow cloth, and both of us can even be from the same homeworld.
You can change and convert models if you decide to go deep into a fluff based cadre. Then again you don't have to change a thing and can still have a deeply fluff based cadre.

I also agree with FOXX....

Quote:
Honestly next to some of the chaos forces I don't think anyone's got quite that amount of freedom. With the Eldar you'd have to make up your own Craftworld (ugh, that'd be hard to explain) and with the Space Marines you'd have to come up with your own chapter which means Chapter symbol creation (oh joy). That's NOT saying that other armies can't be done, I just think the Tau have the most freedom.
.... one of the many reasons that I chose Tau as my 40K army.

Feel free to paint whatever colour you fancy.
Old 05 Apr 2006, 17:40   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXX
You may only paint your army whatever color you want IF you stop using more than one smiley per sentence on average.

If you have more smilies than sentences you're abusing the smilies. It's a good rule to live by.

But yeah, the Tau are really good for this since outside of "home planet" you can make up whatever fluff you want to about your cadre (army). Mine are silver/grey armor with forest green cloth and blue details, someone else's may be black armor, red details, and yellow cloth, and both of us can even be from the same homeworld (for simplicity's sake since I REALLY don't feel like remodelling the shoulder pad symbols my guys are from the Tau homeworld). That's really cool.

Rubbish! All the armies have the same Freedom. Actually some have even more. When it comes down to it paint any scheme you want.

However, a lot of us like to stick with the 40k background and try to follow certain traditions like painting Blood Angels red, Tau vomit brown, Ultramarines blue, Biel-tan Eldar green and white, etc...

I typically go with the traditional colors because they look good and I have a ton of guides to use since there are pics all over the place, especially in the codex.

But do whatever you think you'd like.
Tanglethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 17:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Tau look really good in dual tone: one color for armor, one color for cloth, some black still on, and do the helmet eyepiece well, as well as the targetter on the rifle. Also, highlight. Use very thin highlights, but have them.

I'd post my reaction to using a flat brush, but lets keep this PG-13...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2006, 21:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

i actually think imperial guard and tau have the most freedom. Maybe imperial guard have it easier. hundreds of planets and each one extremely different from one another. from ice world to hive to desert planet. And coming up with fluff for IG is really easy.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote