Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Fall of Medusa] Current Tau Coalition
Closed Thread
Old 04 Apr 2006, 04:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default [Fall of Medusa] Current Tau Coalition

in a number of posts i have recommended that those Tau players who will be participating begin compiling info so as to better mobilize and figuer out all the kinks so that in two months, when the campaign begins- we can start out agreed and completly ready to hit hard early (much like all tau battle plans lol) right, so here is the list so far of all registered Tau players- should you wish to continue joining up in this Coalition then please put your info in the sign up on this forum, and i'll take it down. I need your country, the amount of games you can get in, and then we can start deciding the command structure.
currently the best method of creating a command structure is the "network" approach which worked for the Orks. They had one sign up- execution plan, this Medusa campaign will be different in the fact that there will be multiple areas to battle divided by countries. that means there needs to be a network for each country.
So, in Tau terms- we need a "Shas'Ar'Tol" and a commanding Shas'O for each country. The Shas'O will meet via PM's and Emails to understand what is happening on the GW site and to help one another in which targets of opportunity are to be hit. Then- with that knowledge- they will distribute it to the players in their country. There will need to be 3 positions, as such we will simply call them Shas'El- this will confuse spies. The three Shas'El will do three different tasks. The first will spy on other forums, other sites and report back to his Shas'O. The next will create fake information in conjunction with similair info in other counties, and the Third will notify individual players for "special" tasks as described by the Shas'O.
These are heavy jobs, so don't do it if you don't think you can.
Anyone willing to sign up for one job or another, make the claim now and your reasons why you want the position.
~Good Hunting

ps: look- this seems like a lot for a hobby, but i know it means a lot to many of you- with this series of networks we can accomplish time tested methods that worked for the Orks in the Green Crusade and for Chaos in the EoT, its no mystery that Chaos got their bussiness together and the Imperium did not- now that we get a chance lets do it.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Tau Coalition- Fall of Medusa

I wonder...

So, if elected as the U.S.A's Shas'O, every american Tau player would take my orders? My military genius and lack of anything better to do would have an outlet that would physically advance the Tau'va?

I'm interested. We will need envoys to related sites like Advanced Tau Tactica... I'll meet with their Shas'O... we plan and all... sounds nice.

Sign me up unless someone better comes along. I just want the best leader in charge.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 04 Apr 2006, 12:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would absolutely love this job. I'm applying at West Point next year. I'm not the best but thats why we have the Shas'o advisors. I'm open to all plans and have a few of my own. I know the chances are slim but no guts no glory. I really want to be a Shas to get some high command experience.

For The Greater Good.

Im in USA and can play on almost any given day over the summer.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 13:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I wouldn't mind serving on the Canadian Shas'ar'Tol.

I would be willing to serve in the role of Water Caste here, spreading good news and propganda to fellow Tau players and attempting to find information on enemy forces.

Wouldn't mind actually leading a bit as well though

Shas'el or Por'el and I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 14:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would definately be willing to take on the job of Shas'O or Shas'El in Canada. I won't be able to get many games in where they will count (GW stores and such), so I'd like to participate as much as possible through the computer screen. Seeing what I have of the setup, I've got some definate stategies, and hope to apply them once the actual campaign comes up. I also look forward to working with all the Canadian commanders and commanders Internationally.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 15:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

I'd be willing to take position of Shas'O for England- as i am on the net a lot aso can easily get info from and to members- my local GW hapens to have a lot of Tau members so i am able to get them to attack where we agree we need to

i am orgaised (sounds like CV doesn't it) and will be able to play a fair few games - I am dedicated to Tau and the hobby as a whole and enjoy a challenging and demanding job
Old 04 Apr 2006, 17:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Just wondering.
How exacatly will orders work. How will haveing a leader effect the outcome? If you win for tau, you win. Thats how I see it so far.
but does a shas O' tell people where to fight? L:iek do they assign you planets to fight on? or do they just tell you how to fight, with a certain kind of list?

What decissions could a Shas'O make?
Old 04 Apr 2006, 17:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

What are we going to do about cross-site networking? All of the Tau communities need to join their effort in one coordinated... um, effort.

Between TauOnline and ATT we can reach a major chunk of the community. There are several other Tau sites that need to be brought into the fold, as well as other 40k non-Tau sites that have Tau players.

HOWEVER - we need to beware of spies. Who we contact, and our methods will need to be hidden as well as possible. We cannot simply post on every site and say "hey who wants to join up? here's what we're doing..."

Commanders will need to be well-known, longstanding members of the community. Here and at ATT I guess we will operate semi-freely, but we will need to be cautious. Secret boards or chat rooms may need to be set up. At other Tau sites, perhaps one post on a Tau board will suffice - not ever any general boards. At non-Tau sites, I recommend that we contact known Tau players by PM, if at all.

Of course, everyone should reach out to those in your local play environment who are known to be playing Tau in the campaign. Let them know there is a community and we have a plan - but do not let anyone else know.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 18:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Indeed it is for this reaching out that we should have established "Por'els" have people operating to facilitate interactions between different groups of players, as well as spying/counter espionage, and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 18:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
What are we going to do about cross-site networking? All of the Tau communities need to join their effort in one coordinated... um, effort.

Between TauOnline and ATT we can reach a major chunk of the community. There are several other Tau sites that need to be brought into the fold, as well as other 40k non-Tau sites that have Tau players.

HOWEVER - we need to beware of spies. Who we contact, and our methods will need to be hidden as well as possible. We cannot simply post on every site and say "hey who wants to join up? here's what we're doing..."

Commanders will need to be well-known, longstanding members of the community. Here and at ATT I guess we will operate semi-freely, but we will need to be cautious. Secret boards or chat rooms may need to be set up. At other Tau sites, perhaps one post on a Tau board will suffice - not ever any general boards. At non-Tau sites, I recommend that we contact known Tau players by PM, if at all.

Of course, everyone should reach out to those in your local play environment who are known to be playing Tau in the campaign. Let them know there is a community and we have a plan - but do not let anyone else know.

how about setting up sub-boards with passwords and make the password known to only Tau members-although that may be difficult with the amount of Tau players

also I reccomend this topic be stickied
Closed Thread