Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about the Airburster
Closed Thread
Old 02 Apr 2006, 07:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Question about the Airburster

I've read several places that you do not require LOS for the Airbursting FRagmentation Launcher due to the 'G' (guess range). Is this true and does it mean that I can shoot through walls and forrests?

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 08:00   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Q for the Airburster

Yes you can.

It's 18" range no-los weapon. The guess part comes when you are putting the pie plate, after you decide on whose models head it's on, you measure the range, if the center part of the plate and your AFB owner is greater than 18" it misses, because too long range. So just don't put it over 18".

Great weapon, in my book better than CIB. That no cover saves is very handy against mass armies like orks, nids, IG, eldars who usually have 5+ saves. Orks and Eldars must rely for their basic troops for protection from cover saves, which are 5+ and AFB will punch straight through. Concealment and Ork Shield Generator won't save them. For the Greater Good
Old 02 Apr 2006, 09:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamor
Yes you can.

It's 18" range no-los weapon. The guess part comes when you are putting the pie plate, after you decide on whose models head it's on, you measure the range, if the center part of the plate and your AFB owner is greater than 18" it misses, because too long range. So just don't put it over 18".
You've left out the part about rolling a scatter die and 1D6 if you have LOS to the target and 2D6 if you do not have LOS. That's the critical part.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 09:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Question about the Airburster

The 'G' notation means that the weapon is a barrage weapon. See Page 31 of the Rulebook for info on barrage weapons. Note that the ABFP can be fired on the move.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 09:58   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah, writed too fast and forgot to mention the scatter.

And it's barrage weapon so it inflicts pinning.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 13:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thats going to scare the crap out of some poor player who is not expecting it tho. Calomp calomp BOOM! Where the heck did that thing come from!
Old 02 Apr 2006, 13:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

It actually sounds like "whizz whizz bang bang BOOM!!" Then the other player says "Hey why is that squad just sitting there and not breathing?"
Old 02 Apr 2006, 14:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo_Pepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamor
Yes you can.

You've left out the part about rolling a scatter die and 1D6 if you have LOS to the target and 2D6 if you do not have LOS. That's the critical part.
Roll 2 dice for scatter and pick the highest. Not bad for indirect fire. >
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 14:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

it's a cool weapon, and the only one of the two new weapons that I would even consider, but the prevelance of MEQ's with my friends kind of makes it almost worthless for me. dang, got to go back to the fireknife config (was hoping to finally have something else worth taking)
Old 02 Apr 2006, 15:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

When cities of death comes around i can GUARANTEE that like half of the peoples on this board will start using it. I've started using it already and so far its v.nice. The ability to ignore cover saves is just sickeningly good. combine this with a plasma + missile pod and HW multi tracker, you can put the hurt on ANY unit
Closed Thread