Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rate Crisis Unit
Closed Thread
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Rate Crisis Unit

Ok, tried this the other night vs marines:

Shas'vre w/ Cyclic Ion, Fragmentation Gun, Target array, Hard Multi, Hard Lock, Bonded
2 x Crisis w/ flamer, burst cannons, drone controller, 1 gun drone each

Cheap team (below 200). Did fairly well suprisingly. Took out half a tac sqaud by itself and 3 termies. 1,000 point game.

All the weapons have the same range, except flamers. Can inflict alot of hits. Prolly best verse horde armies, but with the number of hits/wounds I inflicted it did as well as my twin plasma team and didnt need to roll to hit.

What does everyone think?
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Rate Crisis Unit

Under 200 pts, IMO, is not cheep. Having the same range is good, but It probably can be configured better, why not TL one of the weapons on the accompanying CS's? you can only use one at a time anyways. But it is a bit of a suprise that the unit managed to take down 3 terminators.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Vs the termies they teleported in close. I hit them with both flamers (5 hits each flamer =10 hits) the Frag gun hits target (5 more hits), 2 drones (1hit) so was 8 wounds there, then the Cyclic fired and I inflict 3 more wounds one being AP 1. So 10 2+ saves and 1 5+ save.

Old 30 Mar 2006, 02:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I don't like your shas'vre. Those weapons should not be combined, and the CIB should probably be on a commander. Just from a perspective of "purity". The squad lacks focus, and the ability to excel in one task.

But then, so do fireknives, and everybody takes those. (shrug)
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:03   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

What do you mean, "lacks focus?" It's a crowd control unit. I'd make that a command team, tho, just to be able to HW multi trackers.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well I wouldn't say it lacks focus, each weapon is an 18" weapon, and I guess the idea here was to use massive numbers of hit to kill the target. Its an unusual load out that's for sure. But it seems to have worked fine for "Gremlong", so maybe its good that he brought it to light. We should all experiment with different load out every now and then.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I dunno the cyclic ion blaster and airbursting fragmentation launcher seem like very good weapons to use together. But I would think they would do much better on a shas'el with targeting array or a shas'O. Both weapons have the same range and both have a high output of hits. With a large blast and 5 shots thats an impressive output for a single suit. Add a pair of bodyguards with twin linked burst cannons and a flamer backup and hard wired multi trackers all around and you have a squad that has an obsene number of shots to throw out a turn. Imagine what that would do to guard, or gaunts, or guardians? I would also assume that the sheer number of hits would do fair damage even to marines. This team would have great problems dealing with armor though so its versatility all around does not match that of helios or deathrain configurations. Still sounds like some fun. I intend to use a shas'el with targeting array, cyclic blaster and frag launcher with hard wired multi and maybe a few more goodies.

Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with Direstrike about removing the CIB. Put it on a Shas'O or Shas'el with Targeting Arrray. Otherwise it won't hit enough to be worth it's points (it has to hit with 4 of it's shots to be worth it)

What are the Gun Drones there for? 2 Pulse Carbine shots isn't going to make an awful lot of difference. Espescially with BS5 (even if it is twin - linked).

It's a fairly nice horde - killing unit. It's abit funny you used it against Marines. I wouldn't use it myself (I don't like Burst Cannons on Crisis Suits) but that's not to say it wouldn't work. It's refreshing to know that someone else other than me likes flamers. ;D

With a large blast and 5 shots thats an impressive output for a single suit.

It also mean that it only takes one Krak Missile to wipe out that one suit. They are great weapons in conjunction, but not nesscesarily on the same suit. Join the Commander to a Shas'vre unit with AFL. Then you can use both without any disadvantage.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 30 Mar 2006, 05:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

So, you can always lose a crisis suite to a krak missil and whatever you lose its a fair few guns to lose for one insta kill. You can always remove the bodyguards first and with JSJ they should never get shot in the first place. Or you can always keep the command suite an IC and have him follow around an anti horde or more versatile crisis team thus keeping those nice guns safe with his IC status. Either way I see no reason why they should not be used together.

Old 30 Mar 2006, 07:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Look at this.

Commander, CIB, twin - linked burst cannon
Bodyguard, AFL, flamer
Bodyguard, twin - linked burst cannon, flamer

You still have a CIB, an AFL, two flamers, and two twin - linked burst cannons. The only difference is your expensive special issue weapons are not concentrated in one place and one of your burst cannons is more accurate. I see no disadvantage.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread