The End of the Aun.
Closed Thread
Old 29 Mar 2006, 23:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default The End of the Aun.

They have massicared the Aun rules.
Inspiring Presenance is dead to me now.
Price of Failure is the only reason I would take an Aun now. he dies, everyone gets a boost.

Death to GW for ruining my army. My they rot in the 9th level of Dante's hell.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The End of the Aun.

You forgot Aun'shi. He held off a Choas lord and a retinue of Bloodletters for 2 whole turns of combat! Curse GW taking all the fun out of Auns.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm inclined to agree with you. Ethereals will probably have some uses, but IMO GW is just shooting themselves in the foot with the new changes, from a business POV, because now theirs less incentive to use ethereals.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think in my gamming circle I will still use the old dex rules.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to zxcvbnm1017

They're destroying the ethereal rules so we are forced to either use a model with less than stellar rules or to pay 2 and a half times more and buy a commander battlesuit...
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

As I said in the other Farsight topic:

Mawell so Farsight is basically no use now....... who cares shadow sun is by far sexier and kooler!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm1017
They're destroying the ethereal rules so we are forced to either use a model with less than stellar rules or to pay 2 and a half times more and buy a commander battlesuit...
You have to use a commander suit now. Ethereals can only be the 2nd HQ selection. But theres nothing wrong with using a regular crisis suit as your commander.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Tau
As I said in the other Farsight topic:

Mawell so Farsight is basically no use now....... who cares shadow sun is by far sexier and kooler!
Well Aun'Va has experiance! BIZAM!

I want to boycott GW, but then how could I play 40k.

ANd I just spent 165$ for an Aun conversion, only to find out it is worthless now! (did they get cheaper at least?)
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

I'm a huge fan of the Ethereal and I am indeed saddened that they're being down played to second fiddle in most respects in our new codex.

However, at the same time, I'm honestly glad that the Ethereal is being phased out a bit from most games. My reason is because of the scale of 40k, and the scale of war at which an Ethereal would show up. There simply aren't that many Ethereals out there to just fill up the battle field, especially at bird's eye view of such a tiny window into the entire fight that 40k represents.

So in a way - I like the fact that the Ethereal is being pushed over, just for that scale representation that it gives and I like the idea of him being mythical and not just a squishy target on the battle field. It fits better with fluff to me.

Cheers!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 01:00   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have to agree with MalVeauX. I Never used an Ethereal, why would a diplomant come to a battle ? You dont see water caste on teh field trying to talk to the enemy do you ?

And rules in the old codex, inspire behind a forest that no one in your army can see ?? Makes more sence he has to be in line of site. Example: Fire warriors look back to the hill top and see their beloved eatheral and are inspired to push forward. OR Fire warrior look back and see the woods.....yay! for trees the etheral is back there some where...right ??

And the fire warriors are lead by guess what ? FIRE Warriros, so makes total sence they should have fire warrior commander.

I used to get frustrated seeing armies with no battle suite commander. I used to ask players " You leads this army?" Responce " The etheral" Me: " Oh the not military guy with prolly no tactical sence?" Them "Ahhhh...ya his rules are cool"
I walk away.
Closed Thread