Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Tau meets Chaos
Closed Thread
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default [BatRep] Tau meets Chaos

I had a bad feeling. The hair on my arms tingled and my clip for my Rifle kept falling out. All this should have told me that this was going to be a bad day. A very bad day. Our new Commander had the confidence of a fool. He had been elevated to Commander position due to his heroic survival of an Ork attack some weeks back. He had been the only one to survive and apparently I was the only one that didn't see the connection with valour. For all I knew he could have been the cause of the defeat. He lacked an eye for detail and forsight not to mention selfreflection.

Dawn was coming and the silence of the place was deafening. An old human church complex was half a click away. All ruins. The scanners hadn't picked up anything - no sign of life, not even an animal or what might pass for a living creature in these parts of the galaxy. This wouldn't last, we all knew that.
My squad had hunkered down in a graveyard and used the cemetery walls for cover. Cover against an unseen foe. Next to us a group of Pathfinders were aiming their flashy flashlights around. As I thought about it, the silence wasn't complete. I could hear the primitive Kroots near a forest to the right. They lacked discipline and what little they had was bought and paid for. Coming in from the rear came the artillery. A Hammerhead zoomed in with a couple of transporters to the rear. To complete the deployment a XV88 came lumbering and not particularly silent..

The sky ignited in a purple haze as the sun rose in the horizon. Beautiful but it only lasted for a second. The enemy cover was gone much like the darkness of night.

Even though Commander Aunny hesitated and wasted several precious seconds, we the mighty army of Tau, were first to react. Though the enemy was far away the Broadside and Hammerhead blasted away at the enemy. Carelessly I thought, if only we had waited as the Spawns of Chaos seemed to have anticipated this and were packed for long range combat. I cursed as my Rifle was out of range. Another warrior squad ran along side the Kroots at full speed trying to reach the wood. Cover was going to be needed and the enemy knew this. A deafening blast came from behind the church. Somewhere in the ruins ordnance was being dealt. Seconds later the units running for cover paid in full. Kroots and Warriors were thrown into the air as the cannon shell exploded in their midst. The Kroot kept running while the Warriors tried to find their barrings. I wanted to close in on the enemy but my Shas’ui had strict orders from the Commander - we were to stay put and let the enemy come to us. The Pathfinders Devilfish was sent up The left flank to draw fire from The main army but his didn’t deter the enemy from raining Death on my battle brothers. Near enemy's rear was the spawning ground for the ordnance monster. I could not’t believe my eyes, just like I could not’t make up my mind wether it was machine or beast. A huge metal monster on six powerful legs, huge pincers as close combat weapon and where its mouth should have been it sported a battle canon! The Railgunners were onto it but it took several shots before it was blown to pieces and this gave precious time for their Commanders transporter for a flanking maneuver. From behind the church another armoured hulk appeared. Two of them the sizes of Krootox! Maybe it was the morning sun in my eyes but I could swear that its metal weapon kept warping and changing size from big to small and back again. It was slow but every two or three strides it blasted laser after our skimmers. A squad of Chaos Warriors had made it into the church ruins and they presented themselves as a target for my squad and we didn’t hesitate for a second! The enemy hungered down and clutched the cover they were in. Only one fell as he took several hits to the chest and face. I was beginning to believe that our ploy would give us victory but this thought withered away as the ground between us and the enemy started to writhe and bugle. A darkness grew and out of a hole in the very air, a mob of Daemons appeared. Weird looking fleshy guns where their arms should have been. All guns turned on these as we stared onto certain Death. If the enemy's army charged in now we would be very hard pressed to say the least. Behind us the Hammerhead took a searing beam hit to the chassis and fell to the ground. The Broadside had chosen its deployment well as the ruins around it took hits that would surely have spelled Death for it many times over. The Daemons started to dwindle but they never faltered or hesitated in their charge towards where the PathFinders were sitting in cover. At the last possible moment the Kroot broke their cover in the forest and charged guns blazing into the vile things and when the smoke cleared the Daemons were no more.

We found our cover once more and the battle settled into a stalemate. An enemy squad blew the PathFinders Devilfish out of the air and their Commander was quick to get his transporter into the newly created debris. The Broadside turned his attention to this new threat and created a barrage of Railgun and smart missiles. The Rhinos tracks blew up. From here the fighting lessened.

The fowl Chaos had advanced into our sector while we had remained in place. I hated the order that was then given: ‘Follow into a retreat and lay down suppressing fire as we fall back…..’.

-[size=14pt]T[/size]his was my last game under the now old rules, next time I met Chaos it was with the new Codex neatly tucked under my arm!

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: [Battle Report] Tau meets Chaos

Not a bad report, decent mix of tabletop and descriptive elements.

...but... "Kroots"? "eardeafening"? :P

What kind of demons were those?
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
Not a bad report, decent mix of tabletop and descriptive elements.
...but... "Kroots"? "eardeafening"? :P
Thx glad you liked it, i wrote it at work so it got done in kind a hurry and I didn't get to proofread it. So eardeafening not a word? Well it's a danish word - I just thought it might work in english too.. I would like to do a follow up of my last battle against Chaos where I used the new Codex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
What kind of demons were those?
Flamers.
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 02:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Oh ok, I won't chew you out for language anymore if english is your second. Ear is implied in "deafening" in english - what else could it be? Eyedeafening? :P
Closed Thread