Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stimulant injector
Closed Thread
Old 11 Mar 2006, 03:07   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Stimulant injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthpredator
IG with drop troops doctrine and max plasma and fusion seem to be my bane lately. not much saving from the fusion if it hits, but it'd be nice to have a 50/50 chance against the plasma. Stealthpredator
its "melta" not fusion

thought fit sheild tech i all ready have 50/50 chance against both but hey another chance to ignore is great.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 03:13   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink
for those who are not aware, the stimulant injector gives the battlesuit wearer the Rules Removed rule.
Damn, I've GOTTA have the Rules Removed rule on at least one of my units!

Funniest thing I've read in awhile. Just the way it flows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 03:24   #23 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

What is going on? why are we not allowed to say what universal rule it gives? if we wrote down what the rule "did" i would understand but this i getting silly how far back are we go to go. i going to love it when all the other posts get this treatment and the maths comparisions are going to be hardest to sort out

any way if some on wants to know what the for mention rule its the same rule death company have.

Old 11 Mar 2006, 04:06   #24 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well I've given it to my helios 'el as well as that nice targeting array. keeps him alive and tanks dead.

"His name doesn't make any sense! How can you be a commander, Aun AND volenteer at the same time!?!"

translated parts of suspicous conversation about the Mal'caor'la 8.05.10990
Old 11 Mar 2006, 04:28   #25 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
What is going on? why are we not allowed to say what universal rule it gives? if we wrote down what the rule "did" i would understand but this i getting silly how far back are we go to go. i going to love it when all the other posts get this treatment and the maths comparisions are going to be hardest to sort out
Why? Because of this sticky topic. I'm sure you've all read it, so no excuses.. (some of you have already been warned previously anyway..)

We've already been pretty lenient with some threads that don't give away any info and just give general (and vague) info/descriptions/comparisons, though this was just flat out saying what the piece of wargear does. I believe that comes under 'revealing rules', for a publication might I add, that isn't available worldwide at the current point in time.

That said, this thread is on the borderline atm.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 06:09   #26 (permalink)
Ethereal

This 'special issue' gear is good actually for your commander(particularly the ones that have to get close to make the kill). It makes it more survivable. I'm gonna put this one on my shas'o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 11:22   #27 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Combine it with vectored thrusters and you got yourself a nice tasty reusable assault speedbump.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 12:13   #28 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Jebz Send a message via Yahoo to Jebz

I agree with you both Bratbag and Crisis Vyper.

Putting these two together would be really great

I just have a nagging question - does feel no pain in the Rulebook mean that you can take the test after an armour saving roll or cover saving roll or instead of one of these saving rolls?

If the answer is it is taken after then this is a really good combination. If however it is instead of then it looses some of it appeal.

It is still good in a way because it gives you a 4+ saving roll when you are caught in the open in the open.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 18:13   #29 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to vsurma

It is after! your commander becomes as hard to kill as 4 deathcompany marines! (cept for the instakill part)

Let me put it this way, a Shas'o with stim injectors will need 72 bolter shots to be killed!

Anything that does not ignore his armour will not be doing much dmg!

Even plasma hits are ok, aslong as they don't instakill your ok to take a few hits due to having 4 wounds.

You notice that when you give your opponant a rules advantage, they never ask you to show you THAT rule in your codex.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 10:50   #30 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well in theory you could make you're commander extremely hard to kill now that you're not limited to only 3 hard-wired systems.
You could give him vectored retro thrusters (if he gets charged by a 'nid carni or a daemon or something) iridium armour plating (even more survivable) hardwire a drone controler with a shield drone or two (personaly i like a shield and a marker 'cos although he doesnt need bs it can sure help him kill stuff)
then you can use the support system to put in a shield generator, combined with the stim injector you have an extremely tough target to kill
Closed Thread