Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help My Tau Enemies...
Closed Thread
Old 10 Mar 2006, 02:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Help My Tau Enemies...

Before I start this post, I have to say in no way am I saying I am the greatest Tau General (Shas'O?). I would also like to say I am not a master of anything to do with this game, I just tactically approach things presented.

Anyway, onto the topic. I started up my Tau a little bit ago in anticipation of the new Codex. After I've done so I haven't lost a game, in fact I've only lost 5 Firewarriors in 5 games..

Has anyone else reached this pinnacle of domination? I've entered somewhere that I don't want to be. I want my friends to have fun, I don't want to cream them. But, out of respect I don't want to throw the game. Is there anything I can do to give them some kind of advantage without making them feel developmentally challenged?

Well, thanks to all that read, and understand what I am trying to explain. Thanks for replies and ideas that anyone can spare.

<3 the Greater Good
Old 10 Mar 2006, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Help My Tau Enemies...

My advice would be to make an army that is limited like O'shovah's rules. It looks like a fun challenge.
"Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"
Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:28   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

What kind of army do you use,what armies does your opponents use? these are very critical questions.

i had this "problem" to,the way i dealt with it was when my opponent made a good move i "accidentally" did something to teach him that the move he made was good (id move up a crisis suit and let it get torn up) stuff like that.

Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:36   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Dont handicap yourself for their sake. It will lead to much better games in the future. While they die, they should be learning. When they learn how to exploit the Tau Empire's many weaknesses, they will probably do a lot better, since it sounds like you are indeed a very good player (and very modest.) In other words, if it doesent kill them, it will make them stronger.

Current Shas'o Bodycount- 6
Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

Direct them to this sight it should work quite well.

along with the above just get someone who is very succesful at the game and have them use your friends army. then you try to make some mistakes but not too many,and then you show them that their army is quite good when used right :.

Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the only way you could have lossed so little is if your freinds dont move or you have been treated with the dice gods or you have got a rule wrong and are horribly abusing it or you just another flipper. yes this game tatically minded but it still heavy chance based meaning it is impossible to not loss any thing.

1) if you've got a rule wrong i dont know i need to see battle report to know
2) if your freinds cant play i need to see battle report again
3) if your the dice gods favoured one dont worry there fickle and get board easly
4) your a flipper. flippers are produce because people hate dice going every where. this means they dont role they flip. there are two types of flipers, 180 and 360. you not a 180er because you dont lose majourly. if your a 360 i cant say. solution roll with a cup into a box it band to role on table at by club because other wise your cant get good rolling or the dice end up ever where.

i'm sorry even a good player loses more than 5 fire warriors in a ture match.

Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:51   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

ive had games were ive only lost a kroot hound due to a vindicare but I make up for it by completely destroying everything :P.

Old 10 Mar 2006, 03:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely tau
ive had games were ive only lost a kroot hound due to a vindicare but I make up for it by completely destroying everything :P.
sorry should have said a 2000 piont match because that what i've allways played.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 04:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well I played games like that before. I played a 2000 point game where I raped marines and lost 1 rail gun. It's was due to the fact he was foot slogging and overestimated his equipment. Like the Land Raider for example. Marine players tend to think this one tank can win them the game and build a whole strategy around it. What's sad when you destroy it with relative ease the army crumbles. Also the fact he has less than 50 models in his army don't help.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 04:14   #10 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely tau
sorry should have said a 2000 piont match because that what i've allways played.
we always do 1000-1500 just because weve got 4 hours at most to play our games and we always have some distraction.

Closed Thread