Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Krootox in the Jungle
Closed Thread
Old 07 Mar 2006, 20:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3
Default The Krootox in the Jungle

oxes 3 sittig 12 inches from the edge of the jungle, krroot to bac em up, whaddaya think?

[size=8pt]Please no "Ork Talk" in the Subject box...it's really untidy...Thanks - Aunny[/size]
Old 07 Mar 2006, 20:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar
Default Re: da ox in da jungle

unless you are on a heavy jungle area, they have to get to the woods before getting blown to smitherines.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Not exactly a new idea, but in any case, how badly do tau need 3 STR 7 guns?
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not at all? Krootox, without Infiltration or Jungle Fighting, are damned to uselessness, courtesy of the Missile Pod.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi3
oxes 3 sitting 12 inches from the edge of the jungle, kroot to back em up, whaddaya think?
Well if it makes you feel better I have 3 bad karma because of grammar. But anyway Krootox have two roles to play they pop light armor and they are also decent in hth battle.

In a kroot army I use 5 krootox and may get more. In a tau army I never use them. Even with the new Tau codex i doubt I will still use them. Simply due to the fact a crisis suit with a missile pod is still a better option than taking a krootox.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra-Tuisich'Novae
Not at all? Krootox, without Infiltration or Jungle Fighting, are damned to uselessness, courtesy of the Missile Pod.
who ever said any thing about the krootox not having jungle fighting? they have feild craft rule. i dont know why people think they dont
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Krootox has jungle fighting but they can't infiltrate. I wish I knew you was gonna mention the missile pod oh well.
I would like to use this model but honestly I can't get any real use out of it. I love kroot and kroot hounds. But the krootox role in the army is easily overtaken by the tau technology. Now if the krootox could infiltrate than I would take him. I don't use shapers in the tau army as well cause they defeat the purpose of using the kroot in the first place. If shapers from the merc army was the same for the Tau. Than I'll use shapers all the time. Kinda hard not to justify a model with 4 attacks, master-crafted, and a power weapon.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
Quote:
who ever said any thing about the krootox not having jungle fighting? they have Field craft rule. i don't know why people think they don't
Dang nag it. I was beaten to the punch again.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 21:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
Quote:
who ever said any thing about the krootox not having jungle fighting? they have feild craft rule. i dont know why people think they dont
I know darn well that a Krootox has Fieldcraft - but unless you're playing on a Jungle board, it's useless - walking a giant squad with a 6+ save (or none at all) across a board to get to cover, rather than Infltrating, is called "a stupid waste".
Old 07 Mar 2006, 22:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

in the new codex the krootox do not take up a heavy slot and are in fact a model option for kroot squads. also, they are much cheaper than they used to be. in short, it measn that using krootox is actually not a bad idea, the donwside is that the unit loses the infiltrate ability, which i probably rate higher.

in any case, i agree that the S7 gun is really not the deciding factor in using krootox, i mean, tau have other options for this.

the main factor would be the number of high strength attacks and extra wounds they add to the unit in my opinion.
Closed Thread