Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep]Tau vs Blood Angels 1500 Great match!
Closed Thread
Old 07 Mar 2006, 08:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [BatRep]Tau vs Blood Angels 1500 Great match!

Hi all

First on to the mission... Angles deployment, escalation, objective in the centre of the table, victory points.

On to my list and my opponent's

1 Shas'el n1 - PR, CIB, TA, HWMT, 1 Sh drone
1 Bodyguard - PR, FB, TA, HWMT

1 Shas'el n2 - PR, MP, FB, HWMT, 1 Sh drone
1 Bodyguard - PR, MP, TA, HWMT

4 Stealths - TA
4 Stealths - TA

6 FW - Shas'ui, ML, TL
6 FW - Shas'ui, ML, TL
10 kroot
5 Gun drones
5 Gun drones

Ionhead - BC, MT, DL
Railhead - SMS, MT, DL, TL
1 Broadside - TLPR, ASS, 1 Sh drone

My opponent's

2 Reclusiarchs, 1 with graal (Scary! Surprised )
(Starts with 14 man DC!)

6 Tactical marines - Lascannon, plasma, Vet sarge
6 Tactical marines - Lascannon, plasma, Vet sarge (1 in DC)
6 Tactical marines - Lascannon, plasma, Vet sarge (2 in DC)
6 Scouts - missile launcher

8 Assault marine - Vet sarge, P fist
1 Land speeder tornado

Dreadnought - TL Lascannon
Predator annihilator - Spons Heavy bolters
(hope i didn't forget something)

He starts with the 3 tact. squads and the scouts, I have kroot, fire warriors and the Broadside.
I put all i can in deep strike (wish i never did that!) He put the assault marines and DC in deep strike.
Here's the map with all the units and the turn they come in...

He got the first turn
BA turn 1
He fires to my fire warriors in the ruins killing one... no other casualties

Tau turn 1
The kroot moves in the building to engage the nearest tactical squad, but can't rapidfire for now, i return fire with Fire warriors killing a tactical marine (wow!)

BA turn 2
He roll for reserves... Dreadnought, predator, Death Company and land speeder comes in! (ouch)
The DC deep strike exactly in the middle of the table... Speeder and predator comes from the left angle and both hide behind a building fearing my broadside. Dread comes from upside near the kroot and tried to assault them...fortunately he failed. His fires killed 1 more FW in the ruin.

Tau turn 2
Now it's my turn to come in... The HQ team n2, a stealth team and the ionhead...i wished some more thought. I come in in my up/right corner and fire with the HQ and the Ionhead on the dread destroying the TL lascannon and keeping myself out of charge range...quite good. Sadly the rest of my fire can't hurt anything.

BA turn 3
The assault marine stays out again. He rolls for the fury and...the dreadnought moves 6" and now can assault my ionhead! Unfair Damn!
The DC is towards my Fire warriors but for now can't assault.
The speeder come closer keep hiding and so do the predator...some tactical marine taken by fury advance to the centre of the table.
The furious dread destroyed my precious Ion cannon! Damn machine! Sad

Tau turn 3
2 Drone teams along with a stealth team comes in... HQ and ionhead keep themselves out again. 1 drone team come behind the predator and the other in the centre building to shot to the speeder.. The stealth team comes in my down/left corner to wipe out those scouts and take control of the situation.
I'm a little angry...i move my HQ team on the rear of the dread and fusion shot it to pieces! Revenge tastes good!. The stealths on the right fires on the DC along with fire warriors, kroot and broadside causing 4 death marine.
The stealth on the left killed 3 scouts leaving 3 in charge range with my stealths... (i deep stoke so i can't do any assault movement!)
The drones on the left fails to glance the predator, but those in the center blows the speeder up! go drones!!
The HQ team fired on a tact. squad killing 1

BA turn 4
The assault marine comes in near the down/right building.
The DC charges my fire warrior and the scout assalut my stealth on the left.Some tactical squad (with nothing to fire at) advance trough the centre of the table and rapid fire to pieces 2 drones, the other 2 fails their check and runs.
The predator turned 180 and shot down all my poor drones.
The death company abviously wipe ot my FW but remains in the open.
My stealths in CC killed 2 scout and the left one made no wound... I won a close combat!!! He run behind a little and i use my cosolidation move to stay in cover.

Tau turn 4
The 2nd HQ team finally comes in! Thing are going right in my down/left angle and they comes to reinforce.
The railhead failed the reserve roll again...grrrr>...The HQ team scattered a little too out in the open. i concentrate my HQ and stealth fire on a near tact. squad (thise plasma can really hurt my suits!)....but stealths fails the prior. check and fires to the lonely scout! Damn scout! Sad . The tact squad has a plasma and a lascannon left and able to fire to my HQ team (ouch!).
On the other side my HQ n2 , stealths, left fire warriors, kroot and broadside fires to death company leaving 4 of them (+ 2 reclusiarch)
The drones running rallys and opens fire to the assault marine...failing to kill.

BA turn 5
The DC assault my broadside, the assault marine cherged the drones and comes closer to my suits. The predator open fire on the kroot killing 5 on them and making them run! The damned tactical plasma marines rapidfired my HQ team taking out the shield drone and wounding the bodyguard. 2 tactical squads enter the central building.
The DC destroys my BroadS and consolidate out of line of sight.

Tau turn 5
The lazy hammerhead finally comes in! it come in the down/left corner to reiforce the situation. i put in behind a building hiding fron the predator and able to fire a his SMS and a submunition on the assault marine. My n1 HQ (the one on the down/left) opens fire on the assault marines along with the railhead leaving them in 2!
The stealths and SMS failed to kill the damned tactical plasma marine! i can't believe...he can fire to my HQ next turn!
The n2 HQ team (on the up/right) fires to tact. marine failing to kill.

BA turn 6
The predator and 2 tact. squads comes closer to the centre to take objectives.
The DC assaulted my remaining FW and consilidate out of LOS. (doing so they has to take a dangerous terrain test and 1 reclusiarch took a wound! how to easly gain 108 points!! >>)
The remaining assault marines hide with great shame.
The damned left plasma marine rapidfire my HQ team killing my bodyguard. Now the Shas'el is left alone in front of a lascannon from another tact. squad in the centre building and....BOOM! My shas'el is shot to pieces and i lose 197 points! Damn plasma marine!!!

Tau turn 6
The Railhead comes out of cover but fails to take the objective for 2".
The rest of my army concentrate fire in the centre reducing all its tact squad down to 50% (so they can't claim nothing) and killing the damned plasma marine (i hate him!).
In final the railhead fired to the predator immobilizing him.

Now on the points.....
TAU: 908
BA: 813
Draw!

What a great match it was!!
I made an error putting all my suits and drones in deep strike because if you Deep Strike you can't afford your assault movement and it's risky.

My broadside didn't much in this game, she couldn't have a clear LoS toa suitable target..
I think i used bad my pricey HQ teams...they could have done more and more damage...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 07 Mar 2006, 12:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: [BR]Tau vs Blood Angles 1500 Great match!

Karma must be given for such a detailed report. Especially that little drawing in the beginnning. I must admit though... your army was a bit cheesy because of the fact you had the minimum troop choice. Play fair my friend and the world will thank you

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 13:54   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun_shaun
your army was a bit cheesy because of the fact you had the minimum troop choice. Play fair my friend and the world will thank you
2 troop choices would have been min (the 2 firewarriors) he had 3 troop choices... 2 firewarriors, and a kroot choice (do you mean minimum squad sizes?)

I dunno, i think your list was fairly good, look at your opponent, squads of 6 (1 more than min) and all with a heavy weapon, and a special weapon. I don't really see blood angels as just trying to sit around and blast away, he definately had a tailored army to fight ya. I think you made some good choices with your army list... but not with the reserves options

I for one, think deepstriking with the tau can be very costly, (unless its a suicide monat) there is no point in telling your railhead that he has a gauranteed 1 less shot this game (specially when he can move 12' per turn and fire the railgun) That's a big weapon that was made in-effective by the players choice! Next game, go for much less deepstriking/reserves, tau are all about the shooting, you've got to maximize it at any chance that you can...

Other than that, fantastic battle report! And I look forward to reading more of them from ya!
Old 07 Mar 2006, 15:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

good game and nice report...

The new BA armies are all shooty armies with a twist. i have 2500pts worth BA marines and i must say i love to play with them.

any BA 1500pts list has 4 las/plas 6 man squads and two 6 men HBdev/baal predator units. though at first sight it may seem odd having so many small squads grants you a huge DC with lots of PF. beating BA with tau can be a bit tricky since they pack the best of both worlds: lots of jumppacks and decent firepower and black rage can really mess your plans.

your friends list seems a bit subpar and i take it was a friendly game. neverless its never easy to play against BA.

cheers

Old 07 Mar 2006, 23:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Those reserves rolls can really make or break a game. I'm not a big fan of deepstriking. I had a HQ squad targeting 12" away from a scout squad. I rolled scatter and scattered directly towards the scouts. I rolled for distance and got a bloody 12. The odds of that happening were ridiculously small, but that was the end of a Shas'o, two bodyguards, and two drones. :'(
Old 08 Mar 2006, 08:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [BatRep]Tau vs Blood Angels 1500 Great match!

I would love taking karma!!

The next escalatio game i i'll think twice before using deep strike with all suits...it can be good but it's really really risky...
Anyway it was a really good game! Thanks for the comments..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 08 Mar 2006, 13:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I never, ever deep strike for just the reasons you have seen in your game. It is extremely risky, cannot be rellied on and puts valuable firepower on hold for at least one turn. With the speed of Tau units you dont need to deep strike, especially not the tanks.

Also try upgunning those firewarrior squads a bit. Firewarriors are an excelent way of laying down firepower and with a devilfish could have easily helped cut down the enemy before zipping back to claim the objective at the end of the game.

Nice battle report.

Old 08 Mar 2006, 15:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Jebz Send a message via Yahoo to Jebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglim

The next escalatio game i i'll think twice before using deep strike with all suits...it can be good but it's really really risky...
Anyway it was a really good game! Thanks for the comments..

I thought that in Escalation games only infantry could deploy. So the only suits that can deploy are Broadsides; all the crisis, stealth and command/bodyguard have to be in reserve anyway.
Old 09 Mar 2006, 08:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I deep stroke with all the rest (except the vehicles).

Closed Thread