Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is it possible that the Necrontyr are the Tau?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default Is it possible that the Necrontyr are the Tau?

hello. i have been reading some posts, and it keeps coming up that the tau have somthign to do with the C'tan.

is it possible that the tau are a race of surviving necrotyr?? think about it, know one realy knows what the necrotyr look like, and nether oen has any warp connections/phycers.

please do not scold me if you do not agree, i do not know, i have realy know real evidence, reason, or anythign else to back it up, or to explain why i think it might be true, im just putting it out there, and askign if you can answer me if it is possible or not, and y.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:36   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: is it possible that the necrotyr r the tau???

i have heard both sides of this many times in the rumors,necrons,fluff,and Tau (here) sections. in my very humble,honest opinion i think they are the fail safe of the eldar from the "old ones" just in case they cant take out Chaos or if they get corrupted the Tau could take out the Eldar and start in on the Chaos marines but that is probably just my view :

Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

well that would be cool, i could be wrong but the chaos cant even see the tau cause of there low-0 phycic ability.

how can u fight what u cant see? with ur ears but they dont do much when there is a rail shot going at u.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:42   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

that way i think it would be part of an experiment you try fighting the warp creatures with psykers and then you try it with near-nulls. it would be a good psychological attack on them

Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

so, u don think that they r the necro'tyr then? does anyone else have an oppinion?

Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:46   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

nope i do not believe they ae the necrontyr and although i think weve already had this thread i would like to hear a view other than my perfect one

Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd say no. Tau are just food for the Star Gods. The Tau developed long after the Necrons left galactic affairs to sleep for eons, and were developed before the Necrons returned to harvest life for the Star Gods again. If Tau and Necrons had some sort of relationship, wouldn't some codex somewhere say "Necrons never attack Tau for some reason, and have been known to come to their aid!"
Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think the tau just evolved.

You know, like most other species.

Personally i dont think the tau were actually created by someone (i mean lets face it, the tau person isn't exactly a natural born predator), but i do believe that they were influenced by someone once the ethereals showed up. The thing that gives ethereals their power over the other castes is what im concerned about, so there may be some greater unseen force at work here, trying to somehow propell the species along that it (or he or she) thinks will be able to kill humanity/end chaos/legalise marijuana
Old 06 Mar 2006, 23:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

here listen to this lol, i just thought of this while i was reading these posts. you know how " mysterious warp storms" surrrounded tau? well what if it was sent by the chaos somehow to block the imperium from destryong them, and the chaos knew they would evolve to become stout opponents to the imperium, and the chaos didnt care cuz no psychic abiliteis. what if the chaos were banking on the tau going in for a big war against imperium, and then while the imperium was exhausted of supplies from fighting tau, orcs, ( i mean come on, theres orcs everyehwere, they would fight too) and possibly eldar or dark eldar, tyranids, you know everyone. then the chaos would invade and then to there liking take over the imperium. cuz they already knew that the imperium could hold there own against these already existing xenos, and wanted to see how the tau fared against them,and if they totally beat the imperium, here come chaos to destroy whats left.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 07 Mar 2006, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

i think thats a very good theory.

the ethereals however, i do not belive that they have some supernatural controlle over the tau.

i mean, catholics belive in god, and do as a priest says because they think its for god.

the tau belive in the greater good (there god i guess) and do what the ethereals say (priests) becauss they think it is for the greater good (god)

i do think that somthing is helping them, but not the chaos. i just dont see that, they mite be being helped by sumthign else, i do no think its a coinicidence that they get a massive warp storm to prtect them right when the imperium findsout about them.

Closed Thread