Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Anhilation at the hands of god: How plasma reacts with power armour.
Closed Thread
Old 04 Mar 2006, 18:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default [BatRep] Anhilation at the hands of god: How plasma reacts with power armour.

"Shas'el Shan'do waited impatiently for his promised reinforcements. The Tai'la sept forces should have been here already, what was taking them so long? Reports had indicated a combined force of crazed gue'la and almost insect like creatures was about to descend on the valley, and his allies forced would have to arrive very soon in order to set up positions before the wave after wave of monster hit their lines.

Suddenly, out of a clear sky the tell-tale outline of a manta missile destroyer appeared, and without even slowing down in flights droppped its cargo, the 41st Mechanised strike force of Tai'la had arrived just in time..."

This was a 1000 point doubles game with 500 points per player using standard force org charts. My ally was using a semi-static tau army, and our opponents were khorne beserkers and and tyranids (probably the most assault oriented combo ever lol)

Here are the armies:

My army:

Shas'el with twin missile pods, plasma rifle & HW multi tracker

10 mounted firewarriors in devilfish with DL & multi tracker
6 fire warriors with carbines

1 hammerhead with ion canon

3 stealth suits

My allies army

Shas'el with cyclonic ion blaster + plasma rifle & HW multi tracker

2 fireknife crisis suits

6 fire warriors
6 fire warriors

1 FW hammerhead with twin-linked fusion cannon (24" fusion blaster with small template)

CSM opponents army

1 leutenant with bazillion upgrades and warger

8 khorne beserkers
8 khorner beserkers

1 obliterator

Tyranid opponents army

1 Forgeworld monstrous HQ (STR 6 T 6 Sv 2+/6+ with 4 wounds and Fleet of claw)

10 genestealers
16 hormagaunts

2 biovores with acid mines

The Battle:

***NOTE: we found out after tha battle that we actually had like 50 points to many cause of the stealth suits, but they did not have a huge impact on the game anyway (apart from the masterly surgical deepstrike elimination of the biovores) so our enemies had no problem with it***

-TURN 1

After setting up our hammerheads on the left flank, the firewarriors in the middle, and the FoF+commanders on our right we got the first turn and started the fun. My DF raced forward to engage the enemy hormagaunts, killing 3, whilst our commanders repositioned to JSJ high priority targets next turn. The genstealers also took 6 casualties from long range pulse fire & missile pods, and the beserkers on our left became hammerhead target No.1 with the other squad being burst cannon fodder.

Our enemies had no choice to advance, and with only 2 shooting units managed to kill a fire warrior, and almost glance my hammerhead. The hormagaunst decided to charge the devilfish to get closer to our army (this would soon prove to be a mighty big mistake )

-TURN 2

The DF retreated 12", released its cargo, and together with the 2 commanders killed 15 hormagaunts in 1 shooting phase! BLAM BLAM BLAM!!! In the middle my carbin fire warriors, and my allies static FW;s finished off the genestealers, and caused 1 wound on the big monstrous tyranid. My stealth suits arrived spot on behind the obliterator & biovores, and reduced the biovored to a mangled pile of flesh with consumate ease, whilst on the left our hammerheads kept melting the berserks marines which were now stuck in a swamp.

The enemy advanced again, with the tyranid threat now reduced to a single monstrous creature. The shooting phase saw a lascannon destroy my ioncannon (would have been dead were it not for Decoy launchers ) The beserkers on the left managed another impressive 2" through the swamp (that was like the highest they rolled for difficult terrain all game )

-TURN 3

The FoF remounted & repositioned with the commanders to get a shot at the tyranid monstrosity, whilst the static firewarriors braced and got ready to open fire. Heroicially self-less my carbine squad ran at the monster, whilst shooting to throw their bodies in the line of assault of the monster. Then the shooting phase started. More beserkers died on the left (now 3 left) through burst cannon & fusion cannon death.
In the centre, the 18 firewarriors, 2 crisis suits and 2 commanders let rip on the tyranid monstrosity, and within a few second all that was left was a puddle of tyranid jelly (4 rapid firing plasma guns tend to have that effect Vs 2+ armour mhuahahah). The obliterator also suffered a wound from the 3 stealthed burst cannons (wooohoo first time evah!).

By now one squad of 7 beserkers with khorne leutenant was still left in the center, with 2 beserkers still stuck in the swamp. Thanks to some good rage rolls, they closed the distance and assaulted the only viable target, the carbine firewarriors. Needless to say they didnt last long, but where a good 10" from any of our friendly units, thus leaving the khorne leutenant and possie stranded about 4" from our 12 DW/2 X8/2 commander fire base.....

Oh and his (mighty) obliterator managed to shake the fusion cannon hammerhead (shock horror!)

-TURN 4

The trap was closing and we were determined to bring that chaos squad down! My devilfish flew forward and disembarked its cargo BEHIND the unit of beserkers, and then our army let rip. The FoF killed 3 marines, the static warriors another 2, and the crisis suits + commanders rapid fired their plasma guns, and once again all that was left afterwards was 8 slabs of molten metal

With only the obliterator and 2 marines left, he moved forward to try and close the distance(not that his beserkers had any possible way of even scratching our hammerheads). His obliterator raised his twin-linked melta gun at the rear of the devilfish, and rolled a mighty 15 on the armour penetration. Our opponents were more that a little annoyed to find out my DF had moved 12" and so was glancing hits only (hmmm multi tracker best vehicle equipment in the game?) and he managed to stun it (yea that was all )

-TURN 5

Our entire army closed in, with our 2 hammerheads finishing off the squad still stuck in the swamp (THATS why 400kg space marines should NOT go into swampy water features ) and my commander finally landing the killing plasma blow against the obliterator, and with that the field was completely cleared of enemies, leaving us with 4 table quarters (we werent playing with table quarters but if we had, we would have gotten 2000VPs in a 1000 point game lol!)

-TURN 6

didn't need it

Enemy casualties
1 chaos leutenant & 1 tyranid monster
16 beserker chaos space marines
1 obliterator
16 hormagaunts
10 genstealers

Friendly casualties
6 fire warriors with carbines

"Shas'el Shan'do was exhausted after the battle. The giant tentacled monster had gotton had to close for his liking before the massed fusilade had brought it down. If it were not for the heroic sacrifice of the Tai'la carbine wielding warriors, his defense force would have certainly been overun. Just as soon as they had arrived, the Tai'la forces had gone, taking their dead into the hold of their devilfish APC's before taking off to return to their manta missile destroyer in low orbit. The day and the valley had been saved by the co-operation and mutual support of the tau warrior, starkly contrasted by the individualistic and almost uncontrolled actions of the aliens. Shan'do had decided it was for the better that the insane beast had been put down, as they had no capacity for reasoning or empathy for the greater good.

Shas'el Shan'do gazed up to the purple sky to see the marked flash of light as his allies left orbit, and for the first time in a long while, he smiled."
Old 04 Mar 2006, 20:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: [BatRep] Anhilation at the hands of god: How plasma reacts with power armour.

nice bat rep. I hate fighting Khorne and its good to see them get mopped up. and i was suprized all those Tyranids lasted till like turn 3 lol.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasShi
Default Re: [BatRep] Anhilation at the hands of god: How plasma reacts with power armour.

Nicely played, and good use of your 'fish mounted squad.
One question, that FW that got killed in the first turn, was he from the carbine squad? That's been nagging me.
Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Krimxon Send a message via Yahoo to Krimxon

What's Fireknife? And can someone explain to me the FoF? Fish of Fury.

Great battle report, I like the roleplay elements. Nice win.

Edit - Also, what's static?

Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Fireknife is a specific configuration of weapons on a XV8 battlesuit. Take a look here http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=8260.0

And Fish of Fury is skimming up to with 12" of the enemy, unloading all your FWs and rapid-firing them.
Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Can you rapid fire, then hop back in the tank and in assault fase, go back?

edit - Thanks, and what's static?

Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

hmm interesting battle rep.
Though a more fun game (though less fluffy) would of been one of the tau armies playing with one of the tyrnaids, while the otehr played with the khorne, its means that the armies no longer only have one purpose, but rather have two entirely different elements, and might of made a more interesting (and slightly less kill the enemy) game.

But its always fun to watch tyranids die

Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

No, you can't run away after rapid-firing. The aim is to use FoF in conjunction with crisis suits etc to completely annihilate the unit which you are FoF-ing.

Static is simply not using Devilfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruk
might of made a more interesting (and slightly less kill the enemy) game.
All games are "Kill the enemy"
Old 04 Mar 2006, 22:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for all the help, Nakasi

Old 05 Mar 2006, 01:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

lol, i hate fighting khorne too, thats why i always ally with em`, but a well fought battle.
Closed Thread