Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

war spheres
Closed Thread
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default war spheres

i just want to know the inns and outs of war spheres. what guns they use, How they travel around and how the kroot got them in the first place. also on kroot technology. does anyone know where i can find things like this?

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:06   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: war spheres

yah thats good question kroot seem like retards how do participate in space battles?
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

i know that there guns are short ranged and i think there pretty powerful, and there spheres move extremely slow ( i think ) but who build em? i mean it they can build there own ships, why not some good armor? and the tau did not build the spheres because on the UK site, theres a story of when the tau first met the kroot. it was through the eyes of a tau commander, and he stated that these massive spheres were being chased by ork ships and they did not know yet that they were kroot. How do the kroot handle and drive them? and also if they have space ships.. where r there vehicles? they cant be riding krootox's around all day.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

It is romoured, here I think, that they stole that tech form the orks.

Though I think Kroot tech is better then the Orkys
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Kroot did indeed build their Warspheres - they most likely gained the knowledge from eating Orks, as their construction is simmilarly crude.
Some information comes from the BFG rulebook - it states that Warspheres are basically mobile townships with a drive running north to south, with maneuvering thrusters around the equator.
The firepower of a Warsphere suggests tiers of weapons batteries surrounding the exterior.

Kroot do not use vehicles because of the fact that their technology failed to save them from the Orks, so the decision was made that the society would be kept static at a tribal level.

Kroot do not use heavy armour because it would impede their excellent ability to cover ground rapidly and use dense terrain. Besides, if you're trying to save shooting attacks with Kroot armour, you're doing something wrong!

Quote:
Though I think Kroot tech is better then the Orkys
Force Fields, Kroozers, Fighta-Bombers, Gargants... riiighht....
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

There have been many rumours that kroot arn't just violent chickens, some Tau fluff says they might be rather advanced, but keep this tech hidden within mountain complexes while living in a very primitive fashion outside to deter invaders.

No doubt some of its stolen/adapted though.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:30   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

There is evidence to suggest the Kroot used to be advanced, but abandoned their tech in favour of the "Old Ways", believing it was their tech that caused the downfall of their Empire... or something to that effect.

I think Warspheres are much like Ork ships; start with a core vessel. Add an extra turret, another engine, more living space, more storage space, that Lance Turret you found, another reactor, another bigger reactor, several square kilometres of decking... cut through to that frigate that rammed us and make it part of the ship, add more gun decks, three more shield amplifiers, a turret network in Section 7, bolt on an entire section of Space Port we found drifting, another turret, another reactor, another cargo bay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Mar 2006, 22:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you know, i was thinking, and that one theory about them dwellling in secrecy and keeping outside them primitave, might of been to ward off attackers. if they were able to absorb the plans of there enemies, maybe they thought that there were others out there that could do the same. so they kept it secret so it would not get stolen. now listen. I know the Kroot are like the orks, but someone needs to build the main ship from where all of that branches off of. now even if they learned it from orks, they might of learned other things as well. Orks have better saves then 6+, i mean come on, a flak jacket is 5+ a flak jacket!. even if they only fought orks, they could develop enough technology to get atleast a 5+ or something. and when i said vehicles, im talking about fluff wise. all of this im talking about fluff wise. if they have Space ships, Something that us, as ahuman race do not have, and look at our technology we have. If kroot did build vehicles, they would be sleek, almost probably stripped of anything heavy or weighed down, and down to the essentials that it needs to run. Who wouldnt want a Bike mounted unit of kroot with kroot rifles? They have war spheres, but no simple automobiles, cities, or machines what so ever? i doubt that.

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 03 Mar 2006, 23:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Theres deffineatly something mysterious about the kroot, IIRC, in the Tau codex, there was the story of the Tau guy living on Pech, and they were planning to explore some mysterious power source they detected in the hills. Unfortunatly I think thats as far as GW took that storyline.

As for vehicles, they do have Knarlocs and Great Knarlocs. Why build a car when you can catch one that will eat the enemy as well .
Old 03 Mar 2006, 23:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

what in gods name is a knarloc?

Beastlord Gorthor

Closed Thread