Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about new classification of Crisis suits
Closed Thread
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Question about new classification of Crisis suits

This came up in another thread, and I wanted to seperate this so I didnt completely hijack that thread.
in the A.S.S. Broadside forum, it came up that crisis suits were reclassified , so that they didnt use their special rule in the original tau codex anymore.
I understand that it still allows them to move 6 inches in the assault phasse.

HOWEVER, My question is, does it get rid of the ability for Crisis suits to move and shoot with Heavy weapons, and with weapons with rapid fire, and still count as holding still?
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: Question about new classification of Crisis suits

1) Crisis suits could never move and shoot with heavy weapons. There are no heavy crisis weapons anyway.

2) No it does not. Crisis suits still have their normal stabilization systems, allowing them to count as stationary for rapid fire weapons, which has nothing to do with their assault move or type classification whatsoever.

Broadsides also still have normal stabilization systems, allowing them to move and fire plasma rifles 24 inches without the ASS. You would only need that to fire railguns or SMSs.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
1) Crisis suits could never move and shoot with heavy weapons. There are no heavy crisis weapons anyway.

2) No it does not. Crisis suits still have their normal stabilization systems, allowing them to count as stationary for rapid fire weapons, which has nothing to do with their assault move or type classification whatsoever.

Broadsides also still have normal stabilization systems, allowing them to move and fire plasma rifles 24 inches without the ASS. You would only need that to fire railguns or SMSs.
I wasnt asking about broadsides

But I could of sworn Missile Pods were heavy. I left my book at home I'll look again >.>
Old 02 Mar 2006, 05:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

Pods are Assault 2.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 06:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yup. Normal crisis suits have no access to heavy weapons, although some of the commander bling may be heavy (?). Clarification from someone who has seen the codex would be nice.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 08:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
Yup. Normal crisis suits have no access to heavy weapons, although some of the commander bling may be heavy (?). Clarification from someone who has seen the codex would be nice.
no both of the new wepoans are assult type
Old 02 Mar 2006, 11:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike

I wasnt asking about broadsides

But I could of sworn Missile Pods were heavy. I left my book at home I'll look again >.>
You probably got it hammered into your head by some IG/Tau player that "A Missle pod is the exact same thing as the Autocannon". Because I used to think Autocannons were "assault", not "heavy", as some IG/Tau player said "An Autocannon is the exact same thing as the Missle Pod." to me, and tau is the first army I played.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 07:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

With the Advanced Stabiliser System aka A.S.S. the broadside would be able to move and shoot. Also the Broadsides are the only suits that has heavy weapons.

Unless you count marker lights on stealth suits or smart missiles on the FW crisis suit with a marker light.

Now that I think of it. It wouldn't be a bad ideal to use A.S.S. on a stealth suit with a marker light. Now you'll be able to use the marker light and be able to move and shoot.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 20:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

eww, you don't want to use it on stealths. they have to footslog under A.S.S which really cuts them down on mobility and at the mercy of Terrain.

Best use for a stealth with marker is at the begginning of a game when your stealths might not be close enough to use their BC's...just stand still in movement, fire marker in shooting, then move in assault.

You can do this over and over between 36-24" when you revert to the JSJ. should get a few hits from it that way without any real sacrifice other than speedy moving.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Closed Thread