Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dead Commanders.
Closed Thread
Old 01 Mar 2006, 22:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Dead Commanders.

What would happen to a cadre that has lost it's commanders and ethereals, but still has it's troops. I'm evisioning a cadre that got scattered during a drop troop assault of guard. The bulk of the cadre is still around, but what do you guys think would a scattered, leaderless cadre do?
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 01 Mar 2006, 22:50   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Dead Commanders.

I am sure the Tau have a well-defined chain of command just like a normal military. The command would just pass down to the next senior Shas. The cadre's morale would be badly weakened without an Ethereal or experienced leadership, though.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 00:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

They probably get another one or two.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I agree with Khanaris with their well established rank system they would fill in the position with the most Senior shas <even if it is jus shas'uie bill'obob>

the chain of command for our modern military works the same way If the highest rank is Private Johnson then guess who is in charge if It's General Mayhem then he is in charge
Old 02 Mar 2006, 00:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
I am sure the Tau have a well-defined chain of command just like a normal military. The command would just pass down to the next senior Shas. The cadre's morale would be badly weakened without an Ethereal or experienced leadership, though.
attaly they become visous with out an etheral. in taros when the etherals killed they just massica load of Imperail troops with out the option of surendur they usally have
Old 02 Mar 2006, 00:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Normally, a fluff cadre (not in game) would have.

1 Shas'el (or Shas'O in larger cadres)
2 Shas'vre Bodyguards
2 Shas'vre Crisis Suits
4 Shas'ui Crisis Suits
1 Shas'vre Stealthsuit
5 Shas'ui Stealthsuits
1 Shas'vre Broadside
2 Shas'ui Broadsides
3 Shas'ui Fire Warrior Team Leaders
33 Shas'la Fire Warriors

So just go down the list. If the Shas'el, or Shas'O, is killed, one of his bodyguards would become the leader until they could institute another Shas'el, or the bodyguard could be promoted to Shas'el. If the bodyguards die, then one of the Shas'vre battlesuit team leaders will become the commander. If all of them die (not likely), the most experienced Shas'ui battlesuit pilot will become commander.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 13:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think it's like in our modern military system.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 14:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

wouldnt matter. tau battle plans are designed to the n-th degree with all eventualities catered for.

the commander goes boom, then the other squads will continue to do the job they've been told to do until their prepared scenarios cease to apply. then they disengage.

and probably, a new shas'el will be assigned.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 02 Mar 2006, 14:20   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
wouldnt matter. tau battle plans are designed to the n-th degree with all eventualities catered for.

the commander goes boom, then the other squads will continue to do the job they've been told to do until their prepared scenarios cease to apply. then they disengage.

and probably, a new shas'el will be assigned.
Agreed. I assume that they would complete the mission, and then either hold position until new leaders can be brought or retreat to the nearest base to regroup. I can't see them milling around like sheep the minute the commander dies, mine frequently dies, so if that was the case I'd be scre***. Chain of command and finishing the mission, definatley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenKnowledge
Agreed. I assume that they would complete the mission, and then either hold position until new leaders can be brought or retreat to the nearest base to regroup. I can't see them milling around like sheep the minute the commander dies, mine frequently dies, so if that was the case I'd be scre***. Chain of command and finishing the mission, definatley.
Absolutely. No doubt a clear mission objective is established at the beginning of each battle. The command structure would survive.
Closed Thread