Warhammer 40K Forum

What colour am I seeing?
Closed Thread
Old 01 Mar 2006, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Jebz Send a message via Yahoo to Jebz
Default What colour am I seeing?

Hi Guyz,

I suppose that this one is for those fortunate Tau Commanders that have got the new Battle plans (new Codex).

I have seen that the colour scheme for the Sept/System of Sa’cea is either a grey camouflage or a blue camouflage. I was hoping that maybe the GW team had put the actual colour scheme in the new codex.

If so could somebody who has the new codex tell me what the colours are for Sa’cea, or, if anybody knows what the colours are could they let me know.

I have always based all my fantasy armies on a green colour scheme but for 40k I wanted a different colour; and I quite like the look of the Sa’cea colours.

So Guyz, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers…… ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 01 Mar 2006, 04:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: What colour am I seeing????????

Same sept im currently working on ;D
Shadow grey(Armor)
Chaos Black(Cloth)
Fiery Orange(Sept Color)
Thats what it showed in the book, an thats what im doing for it
Old 01 Mar 2006, 05:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2287
Same sept im currently working on ;D
Shadow grey(Armor)
Chaos Black(Cloth)
Fiery Orange(Sept Color)
Thats what it showed in the book, an thats what im doing for it
Chris,

You are a life saver.

Thank you.......
Old 01 Mar 2006, 05:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

no prob, i welcome to help another sa'cea player, i love their history, militarised worlds own
Old 01 Mar 2006, 09:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What colour am I seeing?

I play Sa'cea but just invented my own colour scheme. Tau aren't the kind of race to doggedly stick with the same colour all the time. They would adapt there colour scheme depending on where they were fighting.

That said, my Tau are Brown/Yellow and Purple. I shudder to think of what kind of world would have brown and purple scenery!

Sa'cea is by far the coolest sept. We are honourable, disciplined, and have tons of guns!

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 01 Mar 2006, 09:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

hey do you guys know any septs that are resorcefull a bit backward and who wont say no to the odd bit of looting (or is it pilaging). Cos that prety much sums up my army ;D

"His name doesn't make any sense! How can you be a commander, Aun AND volenteer at the same time!?!"

translated parts of suspicous conversation about the Mal'caor'la 8.05.10990
Old 01 Mar 2006, 13:26   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

D'yanoi are considered backward
Ksi'm'yen are considered lucky and users of 'opportunistic subterfuge'

Don't think any sept matches all your needs so you could always make up your own.
Old 01 Mar 2006, 13:49   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to DroneCrafter

where can i get info/history on the diffrent septs?, i didnt make mine after any sept because i didnt know where to get any info on them.
Old 01 Mar 2006, 14:18   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The sept info is on the inside back cover of codex tau, third sphere ones are included in tau empire
Old 01 Mar 2006, 17:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Guyz,

I didn't plan to strictly keep to a Septs' colour scheme that GW came up with, and I totally agree with you Faolin, that they would differ in uniform colour, dependant on the area they where fighting in.

It is just that, I think the colour scheme is really smart. It is very difficult to see what colours have been used in WD315, thats why I was begging, pleading and grovelling on my knees to see if it was written in the new codex (I wanted to start painting up some Fire Warriors before I got the army box set). Chris has said that it what it says in the book (I assume he means the new codex; please tell me this is true Chris).

However I have now found another colour scheme that I like it is the one that Forge World have used on the Sky Ray conversion Kit (this is the web address so you can see):....

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/campion.htm

......so now, I dont really know what colour to go with. The green would be rather hard to pick up on the armour because the cloth/underclothing will be black.

Well I will have to wait and see; I am sure I will change my mind again before my Fire Warrior models arrive.

Thanks for any help though and please can somebody confirm what Chris told me in the first reply to this thread.

Cheers Guyz