Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hate to Paint...
View Poll Results: Which is your most hated Tau model to paint?
Crisis 1 1.89%
Stealth 1 1.89%
Ethereal 7 13.21%
Firewarrior 12 22.64%
Pathfinder 3 5.66%
Drones 9 16.98%
Kroot 11 20.75%
Tank 9 16.98%
Broadside 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 27 Feb 2006, 23:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar
Default Hate to Paint...

Sat re-painting my entire army i've begun to loathe certain units, first on my hate list was Firewarriors. Small, fiddly and due to their numbers repetitive but at number one for me is the diminutive Gun drone, all the bad points of a firewarrior, but totally dull aswell with its disc shape.

So, which model annoys you the most?

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 27 Feb 2006, 23:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Hate to Paint...

Fire warriors definantly. My army is only gonna have four drones so i really dont need to worry about it.

Old 27 Feb 2006, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The Pathfinders for me.

I have a relatively easy method of painting, which works well for Fire Warriors, and the Battlesuits, but the larger areas of cloth are more annoying as I have to switch between methods frequently. Kroot are not a problem, having a large Orc and Goblin fantasy army, and the Ethereal made a nice change from the constant streams of armour, armour, armour.......
Old 27 Feb 2006, 23:55   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

id say kroot because i have so many of them.* ive already painted 40 of them and ive still got 60 to go :P

[size=8pt]Please refrain from swearing. Even leet swearing or asterik (*) swearing is frowned upon. Thank you - Aunny[/size]

Old 28 Feb 2006, 00:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Kroot. I prefer to paint Armour, not flesh
Old 28 Feb 2006, 00:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Firewarriors, simply due to the number that i have to paint
Old 28 Feb 2006, 01:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Fire Warriors, because (even if I only had to paint one in my army) they have SMALL details that are hard to get, for instance, crevaces between armor plates are not deep, while with battlesuits they're easy to paint black for shadows. It doesn't help that you have to paint a billion.
End result is the nicest of them all, however.

And for some reason, I really like painting drones (except the HH ones with crammed SMS's) they are smooth and fairly easy
Old 28 Feb 2006, 02:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I LOVE painting drones, they are so... smooth... and um... easy... lol. I wish I wanted to take more of them. =p

I am tempted to say Kroot. I have started painting mine. It didn't seem bad at first but then I realized I have a LOT of stuff to paint. Flesh with highlights, cloth with highlights, the wood on the guns, the metal on the guns, the gun blades, the backpacks, the grenades, the bits of meat, the ultramarines shoulder pad with meat inside...

But instead I have to say TANKS. Do you know how many coats it takes to get an even covering of bronzed flesh on one vehicle? And even after that I still have to do another color and highlights for both of them! ON SEVEN TANKS! WITH CAMO PATTERNS! FUDGE, WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Crisis suits are pretty easy but boring. I painted all my weapons separately because they're magnetic. Fire Warriors are pretty tough but come out nice.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 04:37   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to FW-Tau

With me it has to be The Ethereal's. Cause I am no good at painting Tau flesh. I just can not seem to get it the way I want it.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 06:57   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Hmmm... I don't really hate painting anything. One thing I do hate is not being able to GET any paints. It puts a damper on the whole "painting" thing. I have half an army that lies unpainted because I cannot find a reliable source of good paints.

I guess the most difficult models for me to paint are firewarriors. Because they're small.
Closed Thread