Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Secondary weapons cost on the Vehicles?!?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Feb 2006, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Secondary weapons cost on the Vehicles?!?

I saw the Codex today and I swear that I saw that Shooty Drones (twin Carbines) for the DevilFish etc. are twice as expensive as a pair of Burst Cannons! The SmS is still more expensive but that's besides the point.
Why? ???

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Secondary weapons cost on the Vehicles?!?

Situation is different, Tanks - Hammerhead and Sky Ray need to mount one secondary system, it is pair of BC, SMS or pair of Gun drones, drones in this case have same price as SMS.

Devilfish have drones for free, but it can replace them for SMS but you need to pay for it same price as for two firewarriors.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

But why does the Gun Drones cost the same as the Burst Cannons? In my humble opinion the Burst Cannons are way better with 6 shots instead of two twinlinked shots that always fire at BS 2?

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 19:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

you can't take the burst cannons on a Fish can you?
I thought it came with drones that could be upgraded to SMS

don't forget that the drones can detach.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 27 Feb 2006, 20:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes that is what happens now with the Devil Fish. It almost makes for an armoured company in tau. Two squads of minimun FW's with devi fish with SMS and all the topings and make those FW be meched out to with all the new flavors. Add one full unit of pathfinders with DF. Then fill up the other two slots with 5 piranha's each. For heavy go with a cheap Ion head (SMS), with the other two hammerheads railgunning it. Now add 2 seekers to each vehicle for maximum power. This of course would be very expensive but would be interesting to see what would happen.

Old 27 Feb 2006, 20:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis 541
Yes that is what happens now with the Devil Fish. It almost makes for an armoured company in tau. Two squads of minimun FW's with devi fish with SMS and all the topings and make those FW be meched out to with all the new flavors. Add one full unit of pathfinders with DF. Then fill up the other two slots with 5 piranha's each. For heavy go with a cheap Ion head (SMS), with the other two hammerheads railgunning it. Now add 2 seekers to each vehicle for maximum power. This of course would be very expensive but would be interesting to see what would happen.
Very possible. Its actually on the list of things to try. Currently have 4 devilfish in work and 2 hammerheads + a skyray. Will buy 6 piranah's when I get a chance.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 20:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki

the gundrones are bs 4? they stay the same as the tank they are in.

i would take the burstcannons yes, but remeber, with a HH u can take both.

and also, whats 6 shots if u pin the squad?

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 27 Feb 2006, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

There seens to be some confusion.

The Gun Drones only fire on their Twin-linked BS 2 Pulse Carbines, not the BS of the tank (and it's most certainly not 4; unfortunately...). The Devilfish comes with a single Burst Cannon and 2 Gun Drones. The 2 Gun drones may be replaced with Smart Missile Systems in the new codex and Imperial Armour 3.

Tha Hammerhead has to choose between a Smart Missile System or 2 Burst Cannons. After that, the Hammerhead may then purchase the Gun Drone upgrade that allows it to pack 2 Drones. This is generally not done because some necessary re-modeling must be done to accomodate both.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 21:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunny
There seens to be some confusion.

The Gun Drones only fire on their Twin-linked BS 2 Pulse Carbines, not the BS of the tank (and it's most certainly not 4; unfortunately...). The Devilfish comes with a single Burst Cannon and 2 Gun Drones. The 2 Gun drones may be replaced with Smart Missile Systems in the new codex and Imperial Armour 3.

Tha Hammerhead has to choose between a Smart Missile System or 2 Burst Cannons. After that, the Hammerhead may then purchase the Gun Drone upgrade that allows it to pack 2 Drones. This is generally not done because some necessary re-modeling must be done to accomodate both.
I for one will be swapping all of my Devilfish with the new SMS and a target lock. 2 s5 shots at bs 2 (and a reroll) plus 3 s5 shots at bs3, or 7 s5 shots at bs 4. More firepower! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
Old 27 Feb 2006, 21:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savient
I for one will be swapping all of my Devilfish with the new SMS and a target lock. 2 s5 shots at bs 2 (and a reroll) plus 3 s5 shots at bs3, or 7 bs5 shots at bs 4. More firepower! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
Hmmm...if I'm not mistaken, the SMS upgrade on the Devilfish replaces the Gun Drones. I unfortunately cannot verify that as that's in violation of my "Hold off on posting new rules" post... :-\
Closed Thread