Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau in WD reveals the end of us!
Closed Thread
Old 26 Feb 2006, 13:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.
Default Tau in WD reveals the end of us!

I was going to put this in rumors, but it isn't a rumor! In the March WD, you'll all notice everything about the Tau to be all better. That is not the case. We always wondered why they were improving Tau so much. It's becouse they're ruining our favorite weapon. The Railgun! If you'll all turn to p. 92 of WD314... Upper left hand corner under the word "The." "Strength 10 railguns are perfect tank killers and will penetrate armor 14 on 5+." 5+. THEY'VE GONE AND MADE RAILGUNS AP2! OR MAYBE EVEN WORSE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!!! Ok. That's not so bad. What's this? "Tau jetpacks allow additional movement in the shooting phase." Shoo-ting phase. as in not the assault phase. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! NO MORE JSJ! THE END OF THE TAU!

For all of you who say "Tau suck," you finally got your wish.

On a more chipper note, krootox are now only 35 points and don't take a heavy slot. HA! As if that makes up for AP not 1 railguns.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau in WD reveals the end of us!

Railguns finally being made as they should be, are they? Excellent.

I have never seen how a magnetised brick was somehow more deadly to armour than a focussed energy beam, or an atomic flayer-beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

These were all typos. That first page contained many errors, and all of them were contradicted/corrected by the little sidebars on the following pages.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:04   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

eh eh you can now feel safe again and have a nice sunday : I have the new codex in hands and the railgun is still the same as in the previous codex (not sure I can quote the stats but you know it : max Strength and max AP)

One cool thing I noticed yesterday : bonding is now half the cost it used to be, yeah ! Since it is now an armoury option you have to take a squad leader to be able to take it but that seems quite logical
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:05   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to FW-Tau

Yeah they must be typos cause in the UK version on WD it clearly says for the Railgun Strength 10 AP 1.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Hmm...is this in the UK WD because i cannot find any mention of it at all.

In the UK WD 315 it shows all the old and new weapon stats and according to it the railgun is still the same strength and ap1 and the sub is still the exact same ;D
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I have WD315 in front of me as I type and It clearly says AP1. And by the way wargamer, thats Explosive, travels 10 times the speed of sound magnatized brick to you.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 14:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Something you might have failed to notice, Wargamer, is that railcannon being built today, not much larger than Hammerhead railguns, will be able to outrange cruise missiles - and at hypersonic velocity, said 'brick' will be able to vapourize armoured targets with sheer kinetic energy - no warhead required, and that's not even considering the plasma fireball from the energy transfer...
Old 26 Feb 2006, 15:04   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to DroneCrafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Railguns finally being made as they should be, are they? Excellent.

I have never seen how a magnetised brick was somehow more deadly to armour than a focussed energy beam, or an atomic flayer-beam.
have you ever seen a rail gun on the discovery or science channel or read about it in popular science? They are capable of far more range, speed, damage and penatrating power then any tank rounds.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 15:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

while that 5+ armor 14 confused me a bit as well, implying that the S10+4 on a die equals a glance.. and therefore AP1 abilities seem to be gone.. I was quickly assured it was a Typo once I got to Pg99, right side, where it clearly states Railgin S10, AP1.

Oh and how can the option of making an additional move on the shooting phase be a bad thing (if true, I'm still looking for that quote)?? I take that to mean that Crisis suits are "Fleet of Jetpack".... meaning SWEEEEET!!! If I choose not to shoot that turn, my suits can cover 13-18" distances!!

Unfortunately I dont have the time or patience to goto the LGS and reread the Tau codex... Thered be a waiting line, and even then when its your turn, kids will want to take it out of your hands to see something, or just 'politely' read it over your elbow... grrrr...