Warhammer 40K Forum

[batrep] Tau vs. Tyranids.
Closed Thread
Old 25 Feb 2006, 16:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default [batrep] Tau vs. Tyranids.

the forces.

tau- 3 hammer heads all with railguns and burst cannon except one with SMS.
2 devilfish mounted 8 man fire warrior teams.
1 crisis shas'O w/Fusion blaster missle pod, multitracker.--deepstriking
Tyranids-1 carnefex
-1 old one eye
-hive tyrant
-1brood lord with 8 genestealer retinue
-8 termagaunts
-8 hormagaunts
-3 warriors, 1 venom cannon, 2 death spitters.
WARNING, THIS BATTLE REPORT IS FROM THE TAU PLAYERS EYES, THERE WILL BE NO DETAIL OF THE TYRANIDS JUST WHO KILLED WHO.

(the game was played on a 6x4 board. it had an extension of a tau city that was about 3x3.5 and was filled with cover like a city fight map.)

turn one (tyranids)

all forces moved fowards othing was within range.

turn one. (tau)

i opened fire with my rail guns at the carnefex and missed 2 shots and missed my wound. (nothing happened.)

turn two (tyranids)

moved fowards again. carnefex got up on the city and was behind cover.

turn two (tau)

i shot with all three railguns again this time aiming for the hive tyrant, 2 shots got through, caused 2 wounds total.

turn three (tyranids)

moved fowards and was barlely missing with a venom cannon.

turn three (tau)

shot with 3 railguns towards the hive tyrant, 2 hit, 2 wounded, it was dead.

turn 4 (tryanids)
moved fowards, carnefex further within the city. old one eye closing in from the opposite dirrection. warriors shot their venom cannon and missed both hits. hormagaunts moved forwards nearly beside a hammer head.

turn 4 (tau)

forces moved into attack. devilfish whent straight for termagaunts and warriors.
railguns shot at old one eye, 1 hit got through. shot off burst cannons and SMS at
hormagaunts, all but 2 died.
firewarrriors disembarked and just missed rapid fire with termagaunts. 2 died.
the other squad killed the remaining hormagaunts befor they got into combat.

turn 5 (tyranids)
brood lord came down from the city, carnefex kept moving slowly.
old one eye regenerated, and moved fowards.termagaunts shot at firewarriors but couldnt asault. venom cannons and death spitters attacked the devilfish. termagaunts fired at firewarriors and killed 2.

turn 5 (tau)

everything moved to be moving fast, but realy just switched possitions with each other. fire warriors shot at termagaunts and killed 4 more in rapidfire, and moved into assault so termagunts wouldnt get a charging attack. railguns fired at old one eye. 2 shots hit. burst cannons and SMS shot and hit 1 more time. the firewarriros not in combat moved into the divilfish.

turn 6 (termagunts)
moved fowards with brood lord, warriors fired missed again. brood lord whent into combat with one HH from the back and killed it. termaguants all missed in combat. tau forces killed one termagunt. there are 3 left.

turn 6 (tau)
railguns fired at old one eye 1 hit and then burst cannons and SMS killed.
firewarriros moved away and the devilfish abandoned the firewarriors. one fish shot at the brood lord and the other disembarked its firewarriors for 8 more shos. 4 genestealers died.

turn 7 (tyranids)
olde one eye misses WBB roll and is dead. brood lord and genestealers get into combat with firewarriors that just shot at him. carnefex now begins moving in.
brood lord and genestealers kill all but 1 firewarrior. (he passes moral check) termagaunts fail everything in combat. tau kill 1 more termagunt.

turn 8 (tau)
shas'O deepstrikes surprising everyone!!!! he goes right behind the carnefex, shoots, wounds once, then goes into assault and wounds again (he was a kamakazee atempt...)
railguns fired wouned carnefex. SMS and burst cannons sho at warriros killed 2 and left last with 1 wound. devilfish ran somore.
.................the shas'O died from combat with the fex.......................

turn 9 (tyranids)
brood lord finished combat, fex moved fowards, termagunts killed one more, tau killed one more, termaguants had one man left and no synaps creatures and failed a moral check, ran away 1 " i caught up.
carnefex decided to help the termagaunts, we all know how it ended.

turn 9(tau)
railguns fired at fex, it took 1 wound (2 LEFT!!!) SMS and both devilfish shot at brood lord, it and all its gene stealers died. burst cannons shot at warrior it died.

turn 10 (nids)
fex ran after HH, it got it, got into combat, killed it, moved onto the other HH, didnt kill it.

turn 10 (tau)
railgun fired, got through, (1 wound left) devilfish and HH are all clustered up together, and devilfish shot, missed.

turn 11 (nids)

killed HH, got into combat with devilfish (i forgot to move it away :P) missed combat.

turn 11-13 (both)

missed shots and missed claws kept going back and forth until finaly a lucky (rly lucky) shot waspulld off by me, i shot 10 shots, all hit, 8 wounded, and 3 saved failed, the fex was dead and all who lived in my mind were satisfied.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 25 Feb 2006, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: tau vs. tyranid battle report.

Nice battle report but some pics would help for each turn, even if they are blurry they still help distinguish what happended. Nice job by the way. Oh by the way also try and watch your spelling.

[size=8pt]No need to quote the whole post... - mace[/size]
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 25 Feb 2006, 18:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

13 turns why? i fine fights to the death realy boring and realy long.

also with out more detail like a map its difficult to work out whats going on.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 20:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

You might have faired better with a more ballanced army. Basic force org + 3 HH is kinda cheesy, and not as effective as it could be. Replacing 2 HH for a 2 man broadside squad and a stealt suit squad would have served you much better...
Old 26 Feb 2006, 02:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default Re: [batrep] Tau vs. Tyranids.

this isnt an army list topic, and iv already boaught my models and i am not going out and buying 90 dollars of battlesuits when my list already works well.

i dont have any pics im sorry. we just played, and i joted down some quick notes.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 26 Feb 2006, 02:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

"-1 old one eye
-hive tyrant
-1brood lord with 8 genestealer retinue"

Old One Eye is from the 3rd edition codex and the Brood Lord is 4th edition...IDK if you can mix codex's like that.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 26 Feb 2006, 03:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liinsivi
"-1 old one eye
-hive tyrant
-1brood lord with 8 genestealer retinue"

Old One Eye is from the 3rd edition codex and the Brood Lord is 4th edition...IDK if you can mix codex's like that.
attauly there are still rules for "one one eye"

Tales of a Drunk Man AKA lanfiex

P.s. i am very drunk if you lot havent guessed
Closed Thread