Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hi, I'm new and wanted to talk about Tau.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Hi, I'm new and wanted to talk about Tau.

Ive been wondering, about tau for a while now so ive finaly decided that Tau will be my next army. So I was going to make a fire warrior heavy army alot of fire warriors I honestly dont care at this point if the suck or not. However I dont like how the fire warriors only have one shoulder pad, I love the look of the stealth suits so im hopeing to add a 2nd shoulder pad to the fire warriors to make them extra spoofylicious, ( can anyone give me a link maybe to a fellow who has done this?) Would it be easy to do this or would I have to buy extra fire warriors? Im also not 100% sure about color scheams. I was thinking Skull White, Enchanted Blue, and maybe a bright neon orange.

Need to go buy the codex first but maybe can somone help me build a good list? Thanks
angelus569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Hi im new and wanted to talk about Tau

With regards to the shoulder pads, I think you only get enough for one each. Don't quote me on that, because I'm not 100% certain.

As for helping you write a list, check the sticky threads. There are numerous Tacticas and guides to creating your force. Just find what appeals most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

You only get 12 arm shields,
Check the Child Board for list advice,
That colour sheme is very un tau (IMO) Tau are practical, so would use camo alot, not colours that could be seen by Helen Keller. (I made I funny)

The Mothman
Old 25 Feb 2006, 01:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well thats a vastly unwelcome joining to the forum, oh sure just go check this link blindly( always loved brush offs and insults about my color scheams)

Is there anyone else here with a friendly outlook and maybe some ideas?
thanks for the heads up about the fire warriors atleast.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome to my domain! Your greatest fears will be realised as your soul rots in....

Oh, whoops. Wrong forum. He he.

Here are a few helpful links. READ THEM ALL.

Basic strategies:

THE GUIDE TO MECH TAU

Know yourself (tau)

Criss suit configuration and tactics

Kroot: the truth

Mech tau construction basics

Fish of furry

Denying shots: the last crusade

Fighting marines: a "non-pocketbook" tactica

Markerlights: the beggong (uses upcoming codex rules)

That colur scheme is a bit weird... Still, if you pull it off right, it could be pretty cool! I say go for it.

As a final note, DO NOT buy a codex until the new one comes out latter this month. Also, check out the Tau imporatn topics for more adivce then I care to link to. :P
the_vilest_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2006, 01:15   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the help Worm
Old 25 Feb 2006, 01:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Im sorry if I came across a little harsh.
But I was just saying that I really dont like that scheme. But hey, just because it doesnt work for me, doesnt me It isnt good. It could work if you were a very good painter, because a scheme like that would be a 'clean' tau, I perfer more battle looking mone my self (hence, the love of camo). But hey, you might want the enemy to see you, and to tremble at your advance.

The Mothman
Old 25 Feb 2006, 12:26   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman
Im sorry if I came across a little harsh.
But I was just saying that I really dont like that scheme. But hey, just because it doesnt work for me, doesnt me It isnt good. It could work if you were a very good painter, because a scheme like that would be a 'clean' tau, I perfer more battle looking mone my self (hence, the love of camo). But hey, you might want the enemy to see you, and to tremble at your advance.

The Mothman
I accept your appolgie, I am oddly enough a good painter. I wanted a bright flashing look for my tau when I eventualy get them. I also figure that maybe with the countless billons of planets anyone encounters that a neon planet is possible. Look at coral reefs for example. Wich is what im basing my paint scheam on is coral reefs blue oceans and bightly colored fish. What ive come up with thus far is for my idea for the paint scheam.

Base coat white, a white base coat is farily simplistic to do and not overly hard to do and it especialy brings out blue. Then for the cloth parts of the pants arms ect.. im going to on the flat areas dry bush on a half/half rotting flesh golden yellow mix, then another dry bush of bleached bone, then a supper highlight on the very last raised services a dry brush of skull white. Im thinking of painting the feet just the rotting flesh golden yellow mix for that daker color with bleached bone super highlights. Moving on im going to paint over that armored parts with the enchanted blue, using an enchanted blue/skull white mix to super highlight the edges of the main armorment. And then all symbolgy and weapons thoose little extras are going to be done with the brightest orange I can find. I think im going to mix it about do one armor bright orange another squads enchanted blue making them spiffy clean as possible.

For any vehicles I have and broad sides. Im going to use a two part camo of Bleached bone/ enchanted blue fading into eachother. Then an extreamly cool lighting effect wich I know how to do across the entire ship in the orange with a skull white secondary strand to make it look extra cool. Once everything is done and painted all lences done with blood red and a highlight to make them look like glass. Im going to find the most shinniest coating I can and spray down the entire army doing and exposed eatheral heads and such sepratly. To make the entire army Shine brightly and hurt the eyes of my enemies.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 12:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus569
I was thinking Skull White, Enchanted Blue, and maybe a bright neon orange.
thats strange those are the colour i thought would look good in my head but every time i try and use them they look horrid. good luck with using them if you do hope you have better luck than me.
Lanfeix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2006, 13:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus569
I was thinking Skull White, Enchanted Blue, and maybe a bright neon orange.

Skull White and Enchanted Blue sound good but the neon orange makes me think of the Miami Dolphins football team . I painted my fire warriors using black , scaly green and codex grey for piping on the shoulder pads. I do not not like painting my models in any type of camo because you will lose detail on the model (which is camouflage's purpose).
You might be able to make more shoulder pads by using plastic card. Once you got the correct size for each section of the pad make a template and make as many as you want. It will be very time consuming and sometimes frustrating but the models should look good when your done.

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote