Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Doesn't Care.....
Closed Thread
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau
Default Doesn't Care.....

I am the only one who isn't really impressed by the new tau update? ???

I personally think it's a waste of time as we are not recieveing anything we actually need just extra stuff we can take. whereas other armies still suffer on in serious need of updates. :-\

Now i admit it is nice to recieve new stuff (and they fixed kroot ;D) but really....eldar, orks, dark eldar,...... they needed it so much more.

Also i hate the fact that in this months UK WD the dark eldar list is so terrible, this is not what a DE player would take to fight tau and was obviously set up to be an 'easier' win for the tau. As a dark eldar player i was seriously annoyed, why take 5 raiders when they could be popped first turn no problem. ???
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:29   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Doesn't Care.....

From what I've heard, it's a real let-down. I was hoping for them to have come a long way fluffwise, whereas they've barely set their foot out of the proverbial door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with you that other races need an update alot more than the Tau. (Do Orks have a weapons list in there Codex?) I agree Dark Eldar need touching up. But I'm not going to go so far as to hate the update.

The new update opens up new options for different styles of armies. My army really really needed some AP3 stuff. Really.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
From what I've heard, it's a real let-down. I was hoping for them to have come a long way fluffwise, whereas they've barely set their foot out of the proverbial door.
I seriously agree with you here wargamer....there isn't enough.

I would like to have seen more depth in the new tau fluff, maybe finally breaking free of the same stuff most of the time.

Also i don't hate the codex updates i just think it could have been better to update elsewhere first. :-\
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

This is just my opinion, byt here it goes...

Before the new Tau Codex, there wasn't really that much choice for a Tau army. Sure, we had everything we needed, and we didn't need anything else. The only problem with this is that most players can quite easily anticipate what they were going to find in a Tau army, and just gear up to beat that.

But now, with the new Tau Codex, there is so much choice that you can't possibly gear up to be sure to beat what they have got. You can now either be a Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none, or a mater-of-one, Jack-of-none!

That's my 1/50 of $1!

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I am hoping that the update encourages someone to write a good Tau book for the Black Library, something we can all accept (miracles do happen). It looks like that is about all we can hope for until the Summer campaign, which looks like it will involve Tau more than Eye of Terror.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Mr. Scolz

Though not being a Tau collector myself, I largely agree that the Tau update has been disappointing as well as unrequired.I've found the laying-off of Aun'Shi to be a large upset for many,Tau players or not,myself included.In addition to being a legend in his own right, he was handy to have around in team games.There is little to be had for Tau players from this update, just a hole to be made in their pockets.Aun'Va and Shadowsun are not needed(unwelcome in some cases),just like Commanders were fine as they were.
However, I do find the Kroot updates and new transport choices welcome.Piranhas have a fantastic design, in my opinion.

Jesus Saves.The rest of you take 2d10 damage.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

I'm with Khanaris, slightly, here.

Okay, I always suspected that if they did get done early, they Tau wouldn't be revolutionised. To do that would take too much from the biggies, like Eldar(various) and Orks. Funnilly enough, they are working on those, just taking their deserved time. When we get Eldar and Orks, they will, be astounding, if not then they will be a let down.

The Tau, like Black Templars, is a 'quick fix' codex. There wasn't too much wrong with them, and they could be updated and expanded with minimal effort. Eldar and Orks require total overhauls and reworked from the bottom up. Fair game IMO.

What I hope will happen is that the Black Library release a sourcebook, much like the 'Thirteenth Black Crusade' and 'Third War for Armageddon' books they've done.(They also did Sabbat's Worlds Crusade, but I haven't read that and dunno if it's any good, so I should wish the Tau one to be similar, just in case!).

A book detailing pretty much the entirety, or at least some section or 'arc' of the Damocles Crusade, the Third(or First or Second as it happens!) Sphere Expansions. These are ones we all want to hear about and shouldn't be too difficult to do!

Xisor
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:05   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

im all for the updates... 8)
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

All Tau needed was a fix for the drone rules. And we got that. And extras. So I'm happy with that.

Ditto to what Xisor said. (I realised I was going to type up the exact same thing :S)