Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

So...are we gonna have to get rid of older models?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default So...are we gonna have to get rid of older models?

this is the first time ive experienced a change in GW models (ive only been playing Tau for under a year), and ive been reading about random things like tournaments needing specific builds for the weapons.

with such changes like aunshi out and new stealth suits, does this mean that the older models will be useless? :-\
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: so...are we gonna have to get rid of older models?

No, as long as they have the correct size bases and weapons, you can use any GW model, no matter how old it is (i.e. you can use old termies, but they need to be put on large bases now)
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

I believe that you can still use the old stealth suits rules and models but again i do not know as i haven't read the codex.

As for aun'shi..... he should never have been ejected he was a fantastic special character and he made things more interesting for me. ;D

Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:25   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The XV15 stealths will be staying in the range. *Aun'Shi and the old ethereals can still count as ethereals with or without honour blades as appropriate. *Not much is changing really, so nothing to worry about. *The only real issue is that Aun'Shi won't be a tournament legal special character anymore.

[Edit re Faolin below: UK GT's allow special characters that do not require opponents permission e.g. nightbringer and pretty much everyone else apart from some SM characters and ones that need min 2000pts]
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't most Tournaments forbid special characters anyway? All the ones in my area don't allow any special characters. (Which would beannoying if you've got an O'shovah army! ;D) But they do allow Chapter Approved.

That said, most models aren't changing. Stealth Suits are the only ones I can think of that actually are. And Ethereals. But you can (and most people I know will) keep using the old ones.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well since were talking about the new models for Tau and such, after a bit looking in the older catalogs and stuff, i think the older stealth suit models looked cooler than the new ones in the preview. But just a week ago i went to my local GW hobby store and all the stealth suit minis were gone, being replaced by the new ones. Im wondering if GW stores r still going to sell the older models, or are they gone for good?
From the adventures of Tiny tim and Wargamer, a epic story.
AIM: CreepyDope

Armies I'd like to start next:
Imperial Guard
Tyranid
Orkz
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:19   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: So...are we gonna have to get rid of older models?

The metal stealthsuits should be available (from mail order at least) until their molds degrade too far.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:22   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The preview in the current WD suggests they [XV-15s] will remain game-legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 25 Feb 2006, 00:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Aun'shi resides in mail order. But that was as of a few months ago, when many special characters etc were taking off shelves to free up some store space apparently.

From what I've heard/asked - XV15s will still be available from GW stores, alongside XV25s (after all, not everyone likes the new ones, and if they want pure BC stealthsuits - the old ones do just fine). The two units are pretty much identical in terms of ruleset, and come under the same codex entry IIRC. Of course there's the obvious difference of the optional support system hardpoint and the option to swap a BC with an FB or two.

As for the rest of the model range - nothing is being replaced to my knowledge, the rest is just completely new models.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 01:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

XV15s can take fusion or support systems - but you probably need to do some conversions.

Ethereals also have new models.
Closed Thread