Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau marines
Old 23 Feb 2006, 20:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Tau marines

I was surfing the net when I came upon these things called green marines. They were in all respects Orks in power armour. The I saw this avatar that looked distinctly to me like a Tau marine. Of course I forget who had it. From the get go of starting an army I have always thought of marines as my first choice. it is only that I could get some Tau second hand that I took them. So I was thinking of some avaerage fluff of Tau trying out a genetically modifying their soldiers. I would use normal space marine rules except -1 to the point cost by mking them -1I and -1ws. The model would be the usual marine but with an undecided still Tau head. Bolters would be pulse carbine supped up in some way.... And the rest is still to be figured out.

So give me your constructive critisism by the gallon.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Aun_shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2006, 21:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Tau marines

I'm not going to flame you but this has been done to death on this forum (I imagine) and everywhere else. Most notably there was about a 70-80-page argument which started over it on the Bolter and Chainsword...and while that argument did create a lot of nice and philosophical discussion about people fielding Tau Marines or Marines with Tau or whatever...basically all I can say is this:

If you want to play your Marines as Tau, then do it. I'm not going to start on it as I'm sure a lot of others passed over also did. That's all :-\

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2006, 22:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

All i can say is play with a friend or fellow gammer using your own house rules. When you do this you should probably make a disadvantage to them to make them fair IE. In a white dwarf battle using the genestealers in a house rule mode they allowed them to infultrate per the stories on how they made landfall before the rest of the hive. But the disadvantage was they lost fleet of foot which in turn was an even disadvantage
Kemi II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If you want to try out playing Marine Tau, do it. Personally, I am not a fan. Someone made house rules to take Marines as Auxilaries like the Gue'vesa, and I wanted to scream. Fluff wise, Marines would never go against the Emperor, unless currupted by the Warp. They have tons of extra organs, and I am convinced at least three of them are used to make them remain loyal to the Emperor. If you want to do genetically modified Tau, I guess thats fine fluff wise, but I really cant see Tau taking that approach to their soldiers. With their XVs, I think they have all the armor that they need and wouldnt really explore genetic modification in the same way as the Imperium.
danny boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually I don't think this topic has ever been done on this forum. As for rules I think -1 point for -1 ws and -1 I is fine. The biggest reason I am doing this is because of the models. And yes space marines do turn away from the emporor without warp influence.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Aun_shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

would you give them Tau weapons? i still think it would be like a challenge army and you shouldnt play it as a normal army
Old 24 Feb 2006, 05:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Personally, If I was going to participate in this travesty of fluff, I'd go all the way.

CHAOS TAU!
PlatonicPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2006, 05:44   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I play against marines all the time and I greatly dislike them! I find the people who use marines do so because they do not have to really form any tactics. If you want to be a marine, play marines. If you are Tau, then kill the marines!
ronf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2006, 15:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronf
I play against marines all the time and I greatly dislike them! I find the people who use marines do so because they do not have to really form any tactics. If you want to be a marine, play marines. If you are Tau, then kill the marines!
I love u!!! ;D ;D

[size=8pt]And the point of this reply is what? Please keep on topic. Thanks. - Aunny[/size]

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
aglim is offline   Reply With Quote