Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Where's Wally?
Closed Thread
Old 23 Feb 2006, 05:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Ketter
Default Where's Wally?

There's a mistake (at least one) in the new codex. As you might expect the codex is filled with pictures of the models (both old and new), but on one of those pictures there's a model that may not legally be fielded. The model's config (hint) is illegal with the new codex (it's also illegal with the old one).

Can anyone tell me what model I am talking about, and what the illegal config is?
Old 23 Feb 2006, 05:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Where's Wally?

Fun idea, but maybe you should wait untill the new codex is released, as most of us dont have special connections to get the codex early.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 06:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

if it is an XV8 i cant think of these options

2 sheild generators
any wepaon 3 times

if you are looking at an XV8 with two flamers i would redirect you to the XV8 entry as they are now legal flamer can now be twin linked
Old 23 Feb 2006, 08:47   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yeh, gotta love GW and their pics such as orion in the wood elf book for fantasy, his army cannot take waywatchers but the model pic has some waywatchers standing right next to him!! ??? ???
Old 23 Feb 2006, 08:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

hey lets not forget cassius's famous blot-flamer

oh and i have no idea ketter

"His name doesn't make any sense! How can you be a commander, Aun AND volenteer at the same time!?!"

translated parts of suspicous conversation about the Mal'caor'la 8.05.10990
Old 23 Feb 2006, 11:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

This is very interesting indeed :P

Games Workshop always field "what looks good" in a codex anyway...not what's necessarily legal.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 23 Feb 2006, 11:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The last page in the new codex has a nice big picture of an entire Tau army showing off most of the stuff in the codex. Amongst all of the models is a team of braodside battlesuits. One of them has a target lock, the other one has no support system. I checked in each codex, and broadside battlesuits HAVE to have a support system.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 12:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketter
The last page in the new codex has a nice big picture of an entire Tau army showing off most of the stuff in the codex. Amongst all of the models is a team of braodside battlesuits. One of them has a target lock, the other one has no support system. I checked in each codex, and broadside battlesuits HAVE to have a support system.
There is also an issue with the Stealth team on the same page, as they appear to be illegally configured as well. (Leader has a Hardpoint Suport Systems, yet the rest of the team does not even though per the codex if one takes a Hardpoint then they all are required do have one.)

It is possible that the models were assembled prior to the final draft of the codex being completed which could explain some of the errors, though that still would not explain the error with the Broadsides.

Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 23 Feb 2006, 13:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade
There is also an issue with the Stealth team on the same page, as they appear to be illegally configured as well. (Leader has a Hardpoint Suport Systems, yet the rest of the team does not even though per the codex if one takes a Hardpoint then they all are required do have one.)
What might have happened is that the Stealth Battlesuit team leader took a hard-wired support system and they felt like representing the system on the model. Of course this is not required nor sensible, as it causes the confusion you mention. Honestly, I believe the picture was from a draft version (as you pointed out).
Old 23 Feb 2006, 13:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketter
What might have happened is that the Stealth Battlesuit team leader took a hard-wired support system and they felt like representing the system on the model. Of course this is not required nor sensible, as it causes the confusion you mention. Honestly, I believe the picture was from a draft version (as you pointed out).
Actually the note for the Stealth team indicates that the team leader has both the Drone Controller AND a Hardwired Target Lock (the latter item seems kinda silly since he only has a Burst Cannon like the rest of the team - now if he had a Fusion Blaster).

Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Closed Thread