Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hunter cadre names.
Closed Thread
Old 22 Feb 2006, 01:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Hunter cadre names.

i was thinking of naming my tau army. ive seen a bunch of different names, and was toying around with something like " the 903, or 608th. something like that , then have a nickname of the hunter cadre like something catchy. i cant think of anything now, brain cramp or somethin. but just wonderin what you all have for your tau armys. any interesting nicknames, or hard earned labels that make your enemies cringe at the sound of it.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: hunter cadre names

the tau version of my armies name is m'yen por [unforseen water] in which matches the fluff and the color scheme.

i've been also trying to think of a name like 189th armored divsion or something like that.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 03:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

i think im going to go with the 108th hunter cadre. I need to think of some little name that will go with it, something that will go with an army that is camo green major, and dark angels gree minor.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 22 Feb 2006, 03:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Depends on what impression you want to give of your army. For instance;

sneaky, powerful, rock hard, etc. Then come up with a name (perhaps of some aquatic animal? that's certainly in keeping with the tau theme) that sends that message.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 03:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Hunter cadre names.

I'm doing the same thing...and I've only got a colour scheme, army theme, Commander name and most of my ideas out...but I still need to name the Cadre after some kind of aquatic creature to keep it within the Tau theme. Nothing as big and scary as the Tyranid, but something more amazing than the Sea Horses or the Starfish :-\

I'm thinking of calling them the 'Crocodiles'...but I'm still undecided

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh i got a really good sea one, do something with the barracudas or something, those fish are nasty buggers, and it sounds real cool too.,

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker

maybe if you told us the Commander name that you have thought of, we could give you better hints as to what to name your Hunter Cadre. Another thing, I don't think that they give numerical designations to the Cadres. They're like Space Marines. If a Tactical Squad is led by Sergeant Guardatus, then the squad designation is generally, "Squad Guardatus."

Similarly, if the Hunter Cadre was led by a comander whose name was Shas'o Ta'ran M'yen Mont'au, then the Cadre designation would be Cadre M'yen. What is your theme and army comp? That also might help once you figure out the playstyle of your army.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to GueVesaUnit

I have a lot of names, actually...

Firstly, my Cadre is called Xi'man'la, I know the first two parts aren't in the Codex but I couldn't do it otherwise. It translates as 'pale warriors', referring to the colour scheme, which is mostly white.

My Commander is called Shas'o Lia'por (my sept name, it's 'frozen water&#39 Kor'kauyon, meaning Skyhunter (it was inspired by the name Skywalker, think Star Wars). My Crisis Shas'ui is called Y'eldi, 'winged one' (as he's the only one in a flying position). And my Crisis Shas'vre is named En'mont'ka, as in 'single-blow killer'.

The biggest FW squad I have is called M'yen'Mont'au'J'kaara, like in 'the unforseen mirror of terror', or something like that.

Lastly, my sept is called Lia'por, 'frozen water', a small iceplanet about 3/4th the size of Holy Terra and north of Dal'yth.

Phew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
Oh i got a really good sea one, do something with the barracudas or something, those fish are nasty buggers, and it sounds real cool too.,
Actually, the Tau fighters are called Barracudas. (The smaller ones, the big ones are Mantas, the dropships are Orcas and the rest is buyable.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
If we were all normal, we wouldn't be talking on this forum every single bloody day, instead of breathing in some fresh air once in a while. Anyone remember what the sun looks like? I think it was a sphere...
[quote=Ineluki]
Weirdo? Please, you're as normal as I am. ...wait, what?
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I'm also waiting for the Codex so I can look up the various Tau words to get a funky-sounding force. My Commander's shorthand name will be O'Kaibi, promised to my friend Kristen who refers to herself as Mistress Kaibi (and that's what O can really signify, though it'd be Master instead of Mistress :P). I'm still working out vague ideas but I need to see the Tau language before I make anything translated

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to GueVesaUnit

Well, you could still do marine life though...like 'Jellyfish' or 'Marlin' or maybe 'Clownfish' (for da noobs, Nemo is a clownfish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
If we were all normal, we wouldn't be talking on this forum every single bloody day, instead of breathing in some fresh air once in a while. Anyone remember what the sun looks like? I think it was a sphere...
[quote=Ineluki]
Weirdo? Please, you're as normal as I am. ...wait, what?
Closed Thread