Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Have Blacksun Filters been nerfed, or was I just seeing things?
Closed Thread
Old 21 Feb 2006, 13:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker
Default Have Blacksun Filters been nerfed, or was I just seeing things?

If I was reading the new Codex right, the Blacksun Filter only allows for a re-roll of a failed Night Fight check. Mabye I was looking under the Infantry-grade BSF, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. If I wasn't looking at the Infantry-grade BSF, then it would be redundant, no? If the Acute Senses USR allows for re-roll of Night Fight checks, then you can't re-roll a re-roll because of the rule that states otherwise. I'm hoping that the Crisis-grade BSF still remains the same, with the 4D6 x 3 spotting distance for Night Fight checks. Not only that, but the fluff that I had written on my Cadre would be completely shattered if it was.

There were some good memories with that... ;D

"Good luck trying to see my Vindicare."

"Okay then. Rolling 4D6 x 3 and divided by half..."

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, you didn't know?" *cliche grin*
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 21 Feb 2006, 14:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Have Blacksun Filters been nerfed, or was I just seeing things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderNightstalker
If I was reading the new Codex right, the Blacksun Filter only allows for a re-roll of a failed Night Fight check. Mabye I was looking under the Infantry-grade BSF, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. If I wasn't looking at the Infantry-grade BSF, then it would be redundant, no? If the Acute Senses USR allows for re-roll of Night Fight checks, then you can't re-roll a re-roll because of the rule that states otherwise. I'm hoping that the Crisis-grade BSF still remains the same, with the 4D6 x 3 spotting distance for Night Fight checks. Not only that, but the fluff that I had written on my Cadre would be completely shattered if it was.
I would take another look at the entry, both the battlesuit version and the vehicular wargear work exactly the same (pgs 26 & 30). From what I saw, BSFs double the range rolled for the Night Fight Rules.
So it is sort of like rolling 4d6, but different.

And the Advanced Sensor Suites of the battlesuits makes the BSF well worth the investment for anyone equipped with long-range weapons if you may be using the Nightfight rules.
[(2d6x3)x2 with a re-roll ]

Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Closed Thread