Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Full-fledged army
Closed Thread
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to SuicidalPheonix
Default Full-fledged army

YES!!! i finally have a real army. i had one troop of fire warriors and a crisis suit, but then i got the battle chest thing.

I now have 14 gun drones, 12 kroot, 26 fire warriors, and 4 crisis suits. now i just need to build and paint them...

ha ha i built my kroot and finished one crisis suit. My new crisis makes my old one look like total poo lol poo... and i made his knee bent so it looks like he just landed.

best thing is i didn't glue the weapons in, so know i can choose what i want to use per battle, and all i need to do is paint his guns!!!
I used to play with 1/26th the points of a necron army, hence SuicidalPheonix (Pheonix being the name of my Hunter Cadre) but now he'll play points. plus i effectivly tripled my army size in one go. im still under 700 pts i got 653 points!!!

I be da coolest dwarf
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:03   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Full-fledged army

Good for you! There is something wonderful and terrifying about getting a lot of models at once.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah, it's terrifying when you have to paint a bunch of models. I have to paint about 3 crises, 1 broadside, 1 etheral, 6 pathfinders, 1 devilfish, 12 firewarriors,
16 kroot, 20 drones, and 1 krootox (came with the pack, but hes worthless). I really hope they change the point value on the krotoox and just give him the T5.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Don't go too crazy on models. I let some stuff pile up and I still have two devil fish and a hammer head I have to paint and i got them two years ago, along with a lot of other models.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 23:57   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

yeah for christmas i got some models and i have yet to finish all of them. if im lucky ill finish them before the new codex comes out but ill have a serious haul

Old 21 Feb 2006, 00:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I still have tau models from two Christmases ago, I'm just way to busy to paint my models they way I like them. I see people build armies in weeks, but if my army doesn't look great then I'm ashamed to play a game with them.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 00:56   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

when im working i go quite fast but then my school work gets low and o no 40k :'( so i havent been doing much 40k for a while

Old 21 Feb 2006, 01:09   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to SuicidalPheonix

Ya i know, i got 200$ worth of high elves and painted three of them. if only i had got tau tanks instead id have a really cool army.

hmm, is the new codex just for tau? if it is i want to see if i can get my crisis in it i did a really good job on it compared to the one on my website, my first one.

heres the link: TauPheonixCadre.piczo.com
if its not a link just copy and paste it etc
I used to play with 1/26th the points of a necron army, hence SuicidalPheonix (Pheonix being the name of my Hunter Cadre) but now he'll play points. plus i effectivly tripled my army size in one go. im still under 700 pts i got 653 points!!!

I be da coolest dwarf
Old 21 Feb 2006, 06:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I hope to assemble an army over March/April so I can enter the board contest for 1500pt army if I think it's good enough. I have to paint about 60 infantry, 8 vehicles and about 4 Crises so I'm looking at doing a squad, a vehicle and a crisis suit a week...not really pushing it, even if I do it at a relaxed pace :P

Generally though, getting too many models at once is daunting to start painting :P

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 21 Feb 2006, 06:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy186
Yeah, it's terrifying when you have to paint a bunch of models. I have to paint about 3 crises, 1 broadside, 1 etheral, 6 pathfinders, 1 devilfish, 12 firewarriors,
16 kroot, 20 drones, and 1 krootox (came with the pack, but hes worthless). I really hope they change the point value on the krotoox and just give him the T5.
well, I bought half of my 1500pt IG army, and well, I shouldn't have choose conscripts (200+ models to paint) 5 of them tanks... ahh well.

Suicidal Pheonix, I wish you the best of luck in all your games to come...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Closed Thread