Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Our Time Has Come!
View Poll Results: How much is the new codex affecting your army?
I'll buy the new 'dex, but the changes dont seem great 5 7.04%
Ill throw in a few new stuff, but no drastic changes 46 64.79%
Im thinking of starting a new Tau armies since the new stuff looks pretty cool 11 15.49%
Armies being completely redone, new tactics and choices. 8 11.27%
Leaving old army as it is and starting a new one. 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 20 Feb 2006, 00:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Our Time Has Come!

For many years the greater good has laid dormant, many played the tau. But few loved the tau. the tau where a race chosen as a breather for all the gothicness, nothing more. They where an attempt by gamesworkshop to apeal to a wider audiance, not one of the real races.

But not anymore! The hunter cadres have beaten through every resistance. thousands of worlds have joined our cause seing the futility of their old ways and the future of the greater good. the imperium is a broken wreck, beset from all sides by enemies they ahve created themselves and from within by evil they themselves have unleashed. the orks roam the universe slaughtering all in their paths and fighting amongst eachother, ignorant of their potential. the eldar are but a shadow of a memory, where a single wisper would destroy them. But the tau empire remains strong! we are united, and united we will conquer this galaxy and bring peace to it, in the name of the greater good. with our allies by our sides we cannot be stopped, with our minds open we cannot be defeated, with our purpose in sight victory is at hand. For remember always the ultimate goal: The greater good. For alone we are but rocks, united we stand with the strength of the mountains!
(i like dwarves ok)

Well it seems that the time for tau players is finally here. i remember starting my first army with a tau starter set about a year and a half back, and am eagerly awaiting the contents of this year. with the 40K picture of the website being changed to tau(before it had that crazy black templar) and, if you've noticed, in the lists of armies 'tau' has now been changed to 'tau empire'.

But reading through the rumours section it seems like we're not really getting that much. we got vespids and piranhas. and the new plastic stealths(which are ugly anyways) but no big changes. now this is my first codex switch(no other relevant codex has been updated since i started playing) so i might be getting this wrong, but aren't we meant to get more stuff? the sky ray was a forgeworld thing so hardly a new model. the commander is just a crisis suit with ear muffs, warriors, drones, Dfish, HH, kroot(warrior hound and ox), pathfinders, crisis, broad side all the same. we got some nifty looking piranhas and (barely) a fast attack choice. so the only thing im getting is piranhas, and maybe vespids if the rules are nice. but i was hoping demiurg and gue'vessa, new, more dangerous and serious looking firewarriors(common, they look like dolls) and maybe the option to give kroot master shapers a melta or power weapon. so is this normal, that a codex switch gives you so little sutff? i ahd assumed the whole army was being shuck by their foundations and the range redisgned like my dwarves where.

jsut fill in the post to see if other players are changing a lot or jsut picking up the new dex.

Old 20 Feb 2006, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Our Time Has Come!

to be brutally honest i think that the Tau:Empires codex isnt changing much at all. i mean we are getting some new units but we have no drastic rules changes so its almost like we just got extra goodies. they should add the option of kroot shapers to get power weapons then it would be more worth it.

Old 20 Feb 2006, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

OMT (oh my tau) your cant be serious

kroot all in the same option
drones loss that silly connect networked rule
Flamers can now be twinlink
Fire warriors can have full carbine squads
BSF now double sight of user instead of rolling seperate dice a lot easier
Felch discharger now work agasint all attacks not just DOG
SMS is now an option for Devilfishes
marker light system rules now there are so many changes you will have to read it your self
sniper drones
kroot no longer have mericenary or eaters of the dead rules YAH
hounds dont have relase the hounds but do have I5
krootox priced and T droped
vespids
Sky ray
pirhanas
Sheild Drones now work
Etheral rules Change
targetting array for suits
ASS for broadsides
support options for stealths
fusion blasters for steaths
new speail wargears for those above the rank of shas'vre or above- command & control node, vectored jets, irium plates, cyclic ion blaster, airbursting fagmentation launchers and positional relay
marker drones
marker beacon on the pathfinders fish.
change in the way wargear is brought

not to mention a pile of price changes and probley some more stuff i havent mention or covered in detail and you want more !!!

i sorry but this a codex change not a new army of course things are going to be the same but there are a lot of changes more than other armies have had.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

As Lanfeix said, saying that the Tau Codex won't change much is a total falsehood.

Me, I'm starting Tau again with the advent of the new 'dex. I dropped Tau before, with nothing but a few Crisis suits, Fire Warriors, and a Devilfish... they'll need stripping & repainting.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

well you see you jsut made my point. we are getting laods of cool new gadgets. but where tau! we have so many gadgets they are pouring out of our ears! i want some new models, and if they have to change the codex i want the very foundations of tau army building changed, not throw in a new drone and change the upgrades a bit.

Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

we arent having many MAJOR changes while we have gotten mostly new units with awesome abilities i dont see the drastic changes to most playing styles but i do see many tweaks in the near future

Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:16   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
well you see you jsut made my point. we are getting laods of cool new gadgets. but where tau! we have so many gadgets they are pouring out of our ears! i want some new models, and if they have to change the codex i want the very foundations of tau army building changed, not throw in a new drone and change the upgrades a bit.
Just can't be happy with what we got can you? :
Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

No major changes?! ARE YOU INSANE?!

The new marker-lights alone would probably call for a complete revamp of most lists (I'm using two squads in 1500).
Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

actually I'm pretty worried about the new dex. Not because of changes (I personally love the changes, espeically the new markerlights), but the reaction after. Like BT, and 'Nids, there is going to be a whole slew of noob players that would wreck the reputation of Tau. And reputation is already pretty bad, since we are regarded as Japanese Anime warriors is Gothic...
Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:25   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse
actually I'm pretty worried about the new dex. Not because of changes (I personally love the changes, espeically the new markerlights), but the reaction after. Like BT, and 'Nids, there is going to be a whole slew of noob players that would wreck the reputation of Tau. And reputation is already pretty bad, since we are regarded as Japanese Anime warriors is Gothic...
I will be very upset if that happens. The Tau have a purpose these fools will slaughter it. It's highly upsetting.