Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shield drones on crisis suits?
Closed Thread
Old 17 Feb 2006, 11:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Shield drones on crisis suits?

I was thinking about changes to my army with the incoming of the new ‘dex… I’m planning to use a pair of HQ crisis teams with a shas’el (plasma, fusion, M pod, MT) and a bodyguard (plasma, M pod, MT) each.

My doubt is: Now that finally shield drones has become useful again should i add one or two shield drone to my HQ?

The squad is pretty expensive and i planned to give them 1 at max.
Now let’s analyze the usefulness of this drone:

-
  • If the enemy gets too close to my team in number i should move away to avoid an assault...you can’t always afford a cover while you’re running away and you could enter the LoS of a lascannon...the drone will save you from those accidental shots
  • The drone give me more resistance to return fire when i deep strike,almot every tournamenti (at least in italy) there's a mission omega with the rule escalation in witch i deep strike all my suits
  • They will be able to move to target a particular unit and receive a small amount of retunring fire

Are those advantages woth 15 points? (30 total)

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: Shield drones on crisis suits?

The question is, why are you using bodyguards? Can you fit those crisis suits into your elite slots? If so, you may be better off using IC protection to shield your commanders.

If not, a single shield drone is the best way to go. That way, he will have to kill the drone, the bodyguard, and put a wound on the commander to get the squad under half strength.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
The question is, why are you using bodyguards? Can you fit those crisis suits into your elite slots? If so, you may be better off using IC protection to shield your commanders.

If not, a single shield drone is the best way to go. That way, he will have to kill the drone, the bodyguard, and put a wound on the commander to get the squad under half strength.
i think you work out the command squad seperate from the commander.

i would say you going to draw fire so max out on sheild drones i your going to put the on HQ's. i think it will become realy common to make a team leader have 2 drones a 189 unit spend a little more and protect it from lasscannons, melta, krak missles,etc . its a dangerous world out there for a crisis suit. there are plenty of times when i could have done with a with a protection like that. 35 (inculding team leader up grade) is a small price to pay for the protection of 189 pionts it around 1/5 th attuly but its still Good

Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can't have bs4 fireknife suits in elite slots...that's why i use elites...
You are convincing me using those shields...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

I was considering shield drones and how they're going to apply to crisis teams. I came to the overwhelming conclusion that they're defenitely worth it. For a relatively cheap cost, you're giving your crisis team ablative wounds WITH a 4+ invulnerable save. That's awesome for keeping your heavy weapons going.

Could also be useful for a deep-striking Monat Helios, but I figure that you'd probably want a shield generator for that.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Why not?
Old 17 Feb 2006, 14:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglim

i was just telling you about some thing about sheild drone uses. any way if you want BS4 use targeting arrays
Old 17 Feb 2006, 19:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
Quote:
Why not?
Because Elite suits can't take hardwired options unless you take them as team leaders in which case you can only have one Multi tracker. Thats my assumption at least.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 19:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight

the best thing that i find that really works is this you run the HQ alone pop him with firewarriors in cover. MIND you i like popping out of cover and run back in. But the Shas'o should be a fireknife/ then Shield Generator/ bammm get rid of the Guard/ BAMMM never use Drones with fire warriors or Crisis teams its a waste of points and if you really want drones run a squad of gunners/ blammo the Only thing i use drones for is gunners squads and my broadside

with a Shield Gen/

all so with the fire warriors think about this running gun drones whats the chance of one of them getting hit i mean come one out of 12 firewarriors that's like .24 percent not likely ooo yes if you have allot of points in a game then use Pathfinders with marker lights and lots of Seeker misslies all regular troop gos spat

SHADY GEOFF
and thats my thoughts TERRY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY
Old 17 Feb 2006, 21:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Because Elite suits can't take hardwired options unless you take them as team leaders in which case you can only have one Multi tracker. Thats my assumption at least.
He's only taking one bodyguard with each HQ anyway. He's got plenty of time, unless he ALREADY used up all his elite slots doing this.
Closed Thread