Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Because i got bored....
Closed Thread
Old 16 Feb 2006, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar
Default Because i got bored....

Decided to do myself a concept of a kroot Crisis suit, a one off i intend to hopefully model when my green stuff skills progress pass that of a baby with play-doe.

Fluff wise its Tau playing at Frankenstein, kidnapping and genetically altering a poor kroot to turn him into a more effecient Nid killer.

Not to mention i like Kroot, but don't like that they die so fast! ;D

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 16 Feb 2006, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Because i got bored....

It looks a bit more like advanced body armor than a battlesuit. Make it a bit bulkier. Even Stealthsuits look a bit larger.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 03:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

No jump pack, so no need for a sizeable power unit, no ranged weapons (plus no crappy Tau eyesight) so no need for sensor units.

Basically its a suit of medievil armour with a few bells and whistles.

Not to mention fluff wise this is totally unsanctioned by the Ethereals so the Scientist who's done it hasn't had access to all the gear to make it beefed up.

(ok ok, i admit due to my poor green stuffing ability i have kept it simple and clean. : )

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 16 Feb 2006, 03:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think your idea is quite well thought out, perhaps you'll want to go about converting from a slightly different perspective- ie get the body of an Imperial assassin or perhaps a Necromunda Spyrer (?), use it for the main bulk of the model and graft on a kroot head and some midly adapted limbs (longer..) etc.

This might allow you to keep the green stuff usage to a minimum instead of building around a plastic kroot (unless you really need to keep the original Kroot pose)

Just my 2c

Kapow

"Robed" Dark Angels-2500pts
Old 16 Feb 2006, 16:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Tau would never kidnap and genetically alter another being let alone a kroot unit. Tau and kroot are allies the mere thought that they would kidnap and genetically alter one and another is ludicrous. I would understand if they honoured one with a crisis suit (even though that would probably never happen either.) ???