Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

White Dwarf 314 - Tau Stuff (US edition)
Closed Thread
Old 15 Feb 2006, 23:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default White Dwarf 314 - Tau Stuff (US edition)

What utter [non-goodness].* They have a "design notes" article in this issue.* It's pathetic.*

In the past, the design notes articles included stuff from the game designers about why they made certain changes.* This was true for Witchhunters.* It was true for Marines, and Templars, and Tyranids.

The "design notes" for the Tau is more of a "this is what you get".* No reasons.* No explaination for why they changed anything.

I'm very disappointed.

[size=8pt]Please watch the swearing. I know it's disappointing; but keep it PG13, ok? - Aunny[/size]
Old 15 Feb 2006, 23:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: White Dwarf 314 - Tau Stuff (US edition)

Disapointing to hear, hopefully well see it in Black Gobbo then :-\. Any good concept art in there at least?
Old 15 Feb 2006, 23:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

The only thing from Black Gobbo so far is... Three. Whole. Models. Aun'va, Skyray and the new Stealth. not even any real text or anything. Maybe next week they'll have something more.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 00:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, that would be a dissappionting start to my WD subscription. Knowing GW, they would include an "updated" version once they get wind about how people feel about it.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 01:37   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thats stinks.. I was hoping to pick that up to see all the neat stuff on the changes to Tau. Hopefully they will put something on the GW websites thats a bit better.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 01:58   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

i just got WD 313 but it sound like ill finish up the subscription and end this madness that tries to call itself a "good hobby magazine" all ive seen of the Tau so far are the new Shadowsun,Stealth suit,Skyray and pope man i agree with you what a load of [non-goodness]

[size=8pt]Please watch the swearing. These boards are rated PG13. Thanks - Aunny[/size]

Old 16 Feb 2006, 02:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's a Space Marine biased mag for you all. ^-^ Once I get to the drawing board on Vespids, Sniper Drones, Skyrays, and the new Commander stuff, the Tau will strike back with a burning vengence in their eyes. >

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 09:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I know it's a Marine world we live in (and around which magazines are printed), but come ON...the Tyranids got heaps of articles about how much they've changed...and they changed less than the Tau did (as far as I see it, the whole Tyranid change was biomorphs being organised better, a new HQ choice and more gribbly death in a Carnifex) whereas the Tau get whole new slews of gear and options for practically every unit on the board. Overall, I hope the Australian White Dwarf does more

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 16 Feb 2006, 13:23   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Lately, it seems to be more of a LOTR-centered world we live in. I assume that Tau should be getting a lot more "screen time", since no other 40k stuff is out until the updated Cityfight in May or June. Unless they keep dragging out the Black Templar release, that gives us at least April and May.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 16:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I know they're Space Marines...but they drew out the release on those Templars longer than the release of the Space Marine codex itself.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Closed Thread