Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Praetor VI campaign (War journal)
Closed Thread
Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808
Default Praetor VI campaign (War journal)

At my local store we have started a campaign (Praetor VI).
I'm going to post the War journal that I've been keeping (if you guys don't mind).

This will be much and long posts :-\

Greetz

Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Praetor VI campaign (War journal)

Commander: Shas’o Pisc’es Oi J’Kaara

---Initialising voice recording---

Shi Tau’va Shas’ar’tol

The strangest thing happened today. One of our sensor drones that was investigating the planet Preator V in the Preator system suddenly picked up a new planet in the system. Logically we named the planet Preator VI.

The first scans indicate it is teeming with mineral wealth and architect. The fauna and flora in on the surface is also very fascinating, from what we’ve seen from the first pictures taken by the drone. The planet has an atmosphere that sustains life for us Tau so I took the task upon me to gather a force to recon the planet before we colonise this planet in the name of the Greater Good.

We haven’t found the reason why the life on Preator V suddenly died, but this new planet also has the same structures that can be researched by our Fio. There are coming some Fio members with us to support the Shas in case of resistance.

I’m sure that other races like the Gue’la and their genetically enhanced ‘Brothers’ will have found this planet and want to recon it. The planet is near an ork planet and we are prepared to fight these greenskins. However we face of these aliens, we will try to persuade them and if they resist we’ll have to destroy them.

I will send a message as soon as there is more information available.

May the wisdom of the Aun spread across the galaxy.

---End of recording---

Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Shi Tau’va Shas’ar’tol

I’m afraid that I have some bad news. The sensor drone that was scanning the planet has been destroyed. So we’ll have to work with the few scans it could make. The drone could send us some data on the ship that destroyed it… it appears to be an Imperial Exploration vessel.

It is as I feared our enemies have detected the planet and want to claim it as their own. I know now that they will not leave by us telling them to, so I asked the Aun that came with us to leave and take the Por members. He refused to leave himself but dispatched the Por to return to our main planet.

The drone also indicated some other vessels where closing in on the planet, at least one is of a Space Marine chapter, or so the drone transmitted before exploding.

We’ll try to get to the planet as fast as possible and will normally reach it within 3 Rotaa.

I’ll keep u up-to-date.

May the wisdom of the Aun spread across the galaxy.

---End of recording---

Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Shi Tau’va Shas’ar’tol

We just landed on the planet and installed our HQ in some buildings, which are very spacious and in a very good state. We found a tunnel complex which is handy for defending the area to the north of the complex. The Fio also used some factory that was on the planet to build us heavy weapons; I don’t know how they did it.

There is something strange to this planet something I can’t put to words, it is relaxing and jet frightening, the Shas seem to focus better, but the Aun is getting worse. He fell sick as soon as we landed, they are trying to…

I’m sorry to report that the Aun that was accompanying us has died for reasons unknown to me.

There’s something happening … ski … no sound …

---Stopped receiving broadcast---

There seems to be a problem with the transmission … I’m dispatching a drone to … It blew up.
There seems to be a shield surrounding the planet. The Gue’la are moving their cruisers.
We have to get out of here, or die …

---End of message---

Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

---Initialising voice diary---

When the ski changed colours and we lost contact whit our fleet I feared the Gue'la set a trap for us. And if that wasn't enough our Aun ... dead.
My Troops gave him a proper ceremony and burnt his body, dust and air, what we all are. I waited for contact with our fleet for 5 days (sorry for not counting in Rotaa but this diary will be according to the time on this planet). But I achieved nothing ... maybe it's the shield around us, because no drone could penetrate it, I even let the Broadsides fire in the air but achieved nothing more then seeing the shots evaporate.

I'm afraid this planet isn't going to let us go ... I'm sorry to say this and don't question my trust in the Greater Good but ... I think many of my soldiers will die on this planet. No support, no communications...

---End of record---

This is the start of the campaign, enjoy the read 8)

Old 16 Feb 2006, 09:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sweet!

I can't wait to see some battle reports. ;D
Old 16 Feb 2006, 16:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

It are all semi-battle reports :-\
I think it's going to be too much to post and semi-battle and battle reports. Besides this is more fun and you get a little fluff in with it.

Greetz

---Initialising voice diary---

My soldiers did a recon in force yesterday of what seemed like a spaceport, and indeed it was. Our HQ has moved to the spaceport as it is easier to launch strikes from this location and it offers more protection to this valuable building. Although we can’t use it to get of this st*p*d rock it may come in handy once we can … maybe even sooner.

The next I will include a battle report from my 3 in command Shas’vre Sa’cea Kir’qath.

---Initialising report---

Shi Shas’o

A great victory has come to us, you where right to send us out in force, as we met Space Wolfs. These soldiers are fearsome warriors in hand to hand combat as you undoubtedly know. But let’s just say what happened …

As we moved towards the spaceport we saw that some Wolfs where also trying to capture the station. So our Stealth’s and Kroot moved silently towards their right flank, the FW took one off the underground passages to get in a ruined building and provided the centre. Our Pathfinders mounted their Devilfish and rushed towards their left.

As we got close enough we opened fire, clearly they weren’t expecting us as we killed some off their warriors. We found that some off them got inside a building but our warriors shot well trough those loopholes.

The enemy tried to get us off their back by getting behind and in structures as they couldn’t see or couldn’t shoot our warriors. Only later in the battle we lost warriors, our pathfinders where cut to shreds and one of my Stealth’s was severely injured and couldn’t fight anymore.

We killed or wounded all of them to avenge our fallen friends. They retreated in haste and took little or no time to look after their death. The spaceport is now ours and we await your arrival, as you said u would use this as our new HQ.

---End report---

This was very good news and I hope we can be nothing but victorious on this planet, but I fear this will not be so. Our warriors are healing and those death are being replaced. My friend Vre Kir’qath did great killing those vermin.

May I kill many and die with honour

---End of record---

Closed Thread